Jim Foley's Alaska forums

Any information related to prospecting

Moderators: russau, Leonard

Re: Jim Foley's Alaska forums

Postby Jim_Alaska » Fri Aug 24, 2018 3:58 pm

Don't ask me to explain it, but the forums are up again. There is no way to know if or how long they will be up. So if there is anything regarding past information that you want, you should find and save it immediately.

I am still working to get new forums up. I have a host and also have a provider for new forums. It just takes a lot of time to learn the new process of putting them up on the Internet. I am also working to try to migrate some, or all of the old posts into the new format.
Jim_Alaska
Property and Mining Rights Advocate
Klamath River, California
foley4086@gmail.com
Jim_Alaska

Postby dickb » Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:31 am

I hope your successful at migrating the information from the old forum to the new board. Lots of great information that would be a shame to loose for beginning miners. Best of luck to you in the change over.

Dickb
77 Retired and Free
Eastern Iowa
dickb

Postby golden optimist » Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:28 am

I wasn't able to easily migrate my old site. http://www.golddredger.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboard.cgi That's why I just kept the old one as read only. Some day it may crap out and then it will be retired. In the mean time all posts are still available. The old posts date back to 2002.
Leonard
golden optimist
Site Admin

Postby Jim_Alaska » Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:00 pm

Mine is the same way Leonerd, which the exception that I cannot download a backup. What I did was to "view the source" of each page and save the html to a file. I don't know if that will work because the html also includes all the formatting of the old board.

If that can't be done I will see if I can just pick through the html and somehow install it on the pgpBB. I am still learning how to find admin features. I am finding that they have just about everything an admin may need, but so far they don't actually tell you how to find or apply certain features. It may get easier once I become more familiar with the tools.

So far I have only saved what is on the prospecting forums back to 2007. Anything further back than that is archived and there is 155 pages of archives.
Jim_Alaska
Property and Mining Rights Advocate
Klamath River, California
foley4086@gmail.com
Jim_Alaska

Previous

Return to General Prospecting