Found Some Nice Fine Gold

Any information related to prospecting

Moderators: russau, Leonard

Found Some Nice Fine Gold

Postby libertydave » Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:50 pm

Hi - Been using a Keene Mini-Max on an upper bench on a Cascade Mountain stream. A stretch of this creek has been paying pretty good (for light duty effort) but sure enjoying the time out in this wilderness. All the best to all.

LD
libertydave

Re: Found Some Nice Fine Gold

Postby russau » Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:22 am

Dave I thought you moved to the great state of Texas ? Are you on vacation during your retirement ? :D
russau

Postby libertydave » Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:01 am

Hi Russ...

Nope! I do like Texas but my wife remains firmly glued to this region for health reasons so we are still living up here in WA State. I'm also just a two hour drive from home to a couple of creeks that I've mined for the last forty years. Mostly fines there and not a lot found on my recent mining outings but enough to keep the gold fever going. I'm going again next week. Cheers to all!! Russ, how are you doing?

Regards, LD
libertydave

Postby russau » Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:56 pm

Well for the last 5 or so weeks my wife and I have been trying to get our home up-2-snuff to sell. I've had knee and back problems and after 4 years of not going dredging , I ended up selling it all! NO FUN AT ALL !!!
russau

Postby libertydave » Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:17 pm

Well...it is true that during the last ten years I sold all of my larger equipment and downsized to a couple of smaller and lighter mining tools I could still operate. I just could not give up the simple enjoyment of working the material alongside a stream and finding some gold...even if it was just some fines.

I now have a small trammel, a Mini-Max and some recovery tools. Won't bring in the bigger stuff but still let's me get out there.

LD
libertydave

Postby Hoser John » Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:19 pm

Glad to hear someone is having some fun. Still under smoke about 80% of the time and allergies to ash have arisen so REALLY cramped my style-what style as no longer mining like Russ just a dream.....John
Hoser John

Postby rivraton » Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:27 pm

Hi - Been using a Keene Mini-Max on an upper bench on a Cascade Mountain stream. A stretch of this creek has been paying pretty good (for light duty effort) but sure enjoying the time out in this wilderness. All the best to all.

LD

How about posting a pic or two, it's been so long that I have forgotten what gold looks like in the wild... :cry:
rivraton

Postby libertydave » Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:29 pm

On my mining trip next Thursday I'll shoot some photos.
LD
libertydave

Postby libertydave » Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:29 pm

Thursday was a beautiful day, sunny with temps in low 70s. No one around except us two old miners. Plenty of water flowing in the creek and we set up the Mini-Max alongside an area with shallow bedrock down about a foot that has previously given us some nice fine gold. Spent the day working there and did a couple of clean ups. Not a lot and all fines, probably around a gram, but what a nice break from the routines of life. Wish you were ALL were there.

Regards, LD
libertydave

Return to General Prospecting