New Dredge on TV Show

Any information related to prospecting

Moderators: russau, Leonard

Re: New Dredge on TV Show

Postby Hoser John » Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:23 am

Gold dredgers make the bedrock---when they have a huge blaster nozzle that is for them impacted gravels. All others jus' a musing and futzing and fartn' around-John
Hoser John

Postby golden optimist » Sun Jan 27, 2019 1:35 pm

We used to move a lot of big rocks with a lot less equipment. A little planning and a nice tapered ramp out the back of the hole and you'd be surprised how big a rock you can move.
Leonard
golden optimist
Site Admin

Postby russau » Sun Jan 27, 2019 3:15 pm

Common sense goes a long way and T.V. shows are ...............Well they are T.V. shows!
russau

Postby Hoser John » Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:28 am

:o OMG there you go again Russ talking common sense again :lol: Watched last night again out of boredom and to see all those blaster nozzle hose bibs just sitting there whilst they played with a chisel was a hoot for sure. Stay dry and warm ya'all as this winter ain't no joke-John
Hoser John

Postby golden optimist » Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:18 pm

I'm saying " get that dredge suction nozzle down there when you are chiseling away". I would bet there is a lot of smaller gold just washing away.
Leonard
golden optimist
Site Admin

Postby russau » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:48 pm

I agree with you Leonard! You would think they would double up with a guy using the nozzle and another on the impact hammer to get down to the bottom quickly! OR atleast have the nozzle by the air hammer so he could double task this hole!
russau

Postby Jim_Alaska » Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:25 pm

chiseling is nonsense. The chunks contain gold that would have to be crushed to get it out of the hard pack. If it is really cemented material like we get here on the Klamath, the only way to go is with a high pressure washer. It will take the cemented material apart grain by grain, freeing the gold in the process. I use one here when it is needed and it will cut through the cemented hard pack nicely. One man can do it by simply laying the nozzle ahead of the direction you are blasting.

If it is simply normal hard pack a blaster line is all you need.
Jim_Alaska
Property and Mining Rights Advocate
Klamath River, California
foley4086@gmail.com
Jim_Alaska

Postby micropedes1 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:56 pm

Its kinda fun watching those folks try to do things the hard way, all for TV drama. Has absolutely nothing to do with production gold mining!

Jim is right. Even a small pressure washer fed off of a single hose from your pump will almost double your production in packed gravels. Even Seiad Cement cannot hold up to the cutting pressure of a 4000 psi pump. And you would be amazed at what "experienced" dredgers have left behind thinking that they had reached bedrock.
micropedes1

Postby Hoser John » Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:51 am

I loved Freds comment last week on wimpie dredgers as he lost air at 80' and just popped up on a single breathe in seconds---what about nitrogen in your blood-insipid bs old fool- Sure destroyed that dredge hose with a come along and son tantrumn like a baby was it,just too hard to watch so much stupidity as poor guys tore out his guts and got screamed at for ages for his reward-John
Hoser John

Postby Hoser John » Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:53 am

OMG 2 years of work and over $150,000+++++ for a lousy 10 oz :? I've got more than that with a single 4" on a creek fifteen minutes from the house in a DAY and cost me about $10. So much insanity. John
Hoser John

PreviousNext

Return to General Prospecting