New Dredge on TV Show

Any information related to prospecting

Moderators: russau, Leonard

Re: New Dredge on TV Show

Postby Gold Seeker » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:03 pm

Hoser John wrote:OMG 2 years of work and over $150,000+++++ for a lousy 10 oz :? I've got more than that with a single 4" on a creek fifteen minutes from the house in a DAY and cost me about $10. So much insanity. John

Ease up John, give them a break, you must remember unlike them you know what you're doing! :D
Skip P.

God, Family, Friends, and Gold!!!
Gold Seeker

Postby libertydave » Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:58 am

Most of us are current or former (retired) gold dredgers and most of us (like myself) have had many years of dredging experiences. Given this fact we should remember one more truth.

This is a TV show...likely scripted to some extent around the events of the show...and the cast ("miners/dredgers, etc.") regardless of their previous mining experience are all under contract to perform and they get paid for doing it. As for recovering gold in their efforts they likely keep it as a bonus.

Recovering gold is NOT the producer's priority nor does it determine the show's ultimate success or failure. It is simply about getting good ratings with the ability to market the audience interest in the show to satisfy their commercial sponsors...and the target audience. If a lot of people watch the show It likely will be back for another season next year. Cheers!!

Regards, LD
libertydave

Postby Joe S (AK) » Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:54 pm

100% on the mark, Dave!

Joe
Wiser Mining Through Many, Many Personal Mistakes (OOPS, "Personal Learning Situations")
Joe S (AK)

Previous

Return to General Prospecting