Dredging close to home

Any information related to prospecting

Moderators: russau, Leonard

Re: Dredging close to home

Postby golden optimist » Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:39 pm

I'm afraid my Douglas Creek days are over. I am happy just sitting around the home place with the wife. I was gone from home so much over the years that I really enjoy just being here with the wife and driving around looking at the wildlife. Sorry Russ, I'm just not going to make it. That doesn't mean others can't go. We are still holding on to the claim. I may let my close one here go. After the 2013 flood they restructured the creek and I'd bet they wouldn't allow dredging on it anymore. Besides the creek banks are too steep for me. I can't make it up and down anymore.
Leonard
golden optimist
Site Admin

Postby LipCa » Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:45 pm

What is your route this year, Joe?
LipCa

Postby micropedes1 » Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:24 pm

You did indeed get some rain.

I noticed the normally pristine Yellowstone River was running full banks and full of mud and logs. Snow on the mountains all the way down to the lower elevations. And a steady stream of camper trailers exiting the park lest they get trapped by flooded roads and snowed in passes.
micropedes1

Postby russau » Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:11 am

Sorry Russ, I'm just not going to make it. That doesn't mean others can't go. No need to be sorry Leonard ! I'm sore also and I've got Dr.'s appointments lining up on me! with all the rain we've had and still coming , the grass cutting and honey do's got me swamped anyway! YEP it sure would have been nice to see a good turnout up there one more time BUT...................
russau

Postby Joe S (AK) » Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:22 pm

Hey there, Harry!

I'm in Northern Idaho - 30 miles north of Coeur d'Alene. From here due North 75 miles to Canada and then west through the pucker brush to Hope, BC. Then north and west (over the years I've traveled them all) to Tok, Fairbanks and then south to Trapper Creek. 3.5 to 4 hard days of travel should get me pulling into Trapper Creek (where the cabin is) and then accessing the info for the Petersville Road traveling adventure. All things going well the trip will go quickly and smoothly.

Joe
Wiser Mining Through Many, Many Personal Mistakes (OOPS, "Personal Learning Situations")
Joe S (AK)

Postby LipCa » Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:59 pm

No detour through northern California this year.....
LipCa

Postby LipCa » Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:02 pm

I hunted near Avery one year for elk. Up at the headwaters of the North fork of the St. Joe river.... Think I went through Coeur d'Alene.
LipCa

Postby Jim_Alaska » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:29 am

Here is hoping you have a safe and pleasant trip north this year Joe. I miss you stopping by on your trip north, but do also understand time constraints as well as the extra finances needed for a detour south. sorry I couldn't meet up with you in November when I was in your neck of the woods, timing just didn't work out.

I hope you have a great year this year.
Jim_Alaska
Property and Mining Rights Advocate
Klamath River, California
foley4086@gmail.com
Jim_Alaska

Postby russau » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:24 am

2-4 more inch's of rain predicted for this weekend..............I better check for leak's in my water wing's ! :roll:
russau

Postby golden optimist » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:13 am

I'll take a little bit of it if you ship it my way. We are dry here.
Leonard
golden optimist
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to General Prospecting