Maintenance

Any information related to prospecting

Moderators: russau, Leonard

Maintenance

Postby golden optimist » Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:54 am

I really like the convenience of paying my maintenance fee using the BLM Payment Portal. https://payp.blm.gov/eppcore/home Except for this year. I made my annual payment on 06-29-2019 and got my receipt and was happy for this year. Until they raised the rates retroactively on 07-01-2019. Now it seems that I still owe them another $10. I can't pay that through the portal so I have to mail them a check for the $10. Not only that, normally I would have until 09-01-2019 to pay it. Now I have 30 days from the receipt of their certified letter.

Leonard
golden optimist
Site Admin

Re: Maintenance

Postby dickb » Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:04 pm

Government working for the people. DUH!

Don't you love it.
Dickb
77 Retired and Free
Eastern Iowa
dickb

Postby getterdone » Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:42 am

Well fought with BLM last year on Fees for mining claim location, took some time but was turned out OK after the BLM Attorney got involved.
Started dredging in 2003 with my homemade 3 inch & no air or wet suit, but gold was good. Had a senior moment at the end of season last year when the top to
my wet suit went missing while moving off the river. Said maybe it was time to hang things up for the old man going on 80 years old here in 2 months.
But found a replacement top on e-bay. And if the wild fires don't run me off here we go again. Always been a problem dry camping trying to keep ice in the cooler. To cheap to by a YETI cooler, so seen a plan on line how to build one for about $30, will see how my YET it works out.
Attachments
BENS DREDRGE Aug. 2003.jpg
BENS DREDRGE Aug. 2003.jpg (57.66 KiB) Viewed 3233 times
YET 2.JPG
YET 2.JPG (53.31 KiB) Viewed 3233 times
getterdone

Postby russau » Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:55 am

I used to use 3 coolers. The #1 cooler had a supply of dry ice over my meats . the #2 cooler had the "thawing meats " for the next days use. The # 3 cooler had the days defrosted meats. It worked for me ! I also used cardboard to shield the dry ice from melting to fast and when I bought the dry ice I bought broken pieces to save some $$.
russau

Postby golden optimist » Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:13 am

I remember Douglas Creek when Billbrew brought up a couple kegs of his brew. We drank fast but had a heck of a time keeping it cold. We were buying a garbage can of ice a day. We finally invited the GPAA boys over to help polish it off. Boy was it great beer!
Leonard
golden optimist
Site Admin

Postby Ornery Cuss » Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:57 pm

That little wooden piece in the bottom will pay dividends ;)
Try not to pack the cooler real tight, allow some air movement
Helps if you can keepem in the shade 8-)

OC
So much river...So little time
Ornery Cuss

Return to General Prospecting