checking in

Any information related to prospecting

Moderators: russau, Leonard

checking in

Postby barney-mi » Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:51 pm

Hey ya"ll hows everyone doing ?? It's been a while ,just checking out the site not much activity going on. What did ya'll give up gold digging for a bingo card lol any who just thought I'd stop by n say hello. hope alls well . Barney-mi
barney-mi

Re: checking in

Postby russau » Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:38 am

Hi Barney ! Yep my ole bones said it's time to stop all the fun . Sure do miss it ! What have you been up to ?
russau

Postby barney-mi » Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:31 pm

Hey Russ, not to much ,had to take a break from work had a bone spur on the back of my heel so just sitting around the house with a cast on. can't waite to get back on my feet very borring. Does anybody ever go to Douglas creek anymore ?? Was looking on the site n it looks like a goast town on here, what's up with that?? Talk with ya again Barney-mi
barney-mi

Postby russau » Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:02 am

I've been told that most everyone was out mining.
russau

Postby golden optimist » Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:05 am

I drove by my goldenoptimist claim yesterday. Boy did that clear water look good. The bank to the water was just as big as it used to be and pretty impossible for me now.
Leonard
golden optimist
Site Admin

Postby barney-mi » Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:58 pm

Hey Leonard how you doing ?? it's been quite some time since i've talked with ya, never say never ,where there's a will there's a way. Ya know we should plan a trip to douglas creek next year just to remninse n Laught about the days gone by. Sure would be nice to see everyone again. :) :) :)
barney-mi

Postby russau » Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:20 am

Yep , that would be a good thing !
russau

Postby golden optimist » Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:19 am

As much as I'd love to, my days of that physically are gone. I get around pretty good but the altitude keeps me at lower elevations. I had a lot of great trips in my day and I'm content to stay around closer to home.
Leonard
golden optimist
Site Admin

Postby Jim_Alaska » Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:53 am

Like Leonard, I hate to have to say that my days of anything physical are gone, but the reality of it makes itself known every day when you discover one by one the things you cannot do.

My legs and feet are gone, but this condition affects other things also. Because I am so unsteady on my feet, anything that takes two hands to do is out of the question unless I lean against something with my hip. If I can't balance with my cane or lean against something, there is no way I can even bend over to life something off of the floor with both hands. If I put the cane down and lean against something I can lift with both hands if it is light, but I am not going anywhere with it once I do.

I'm pretty much limited to what I can carry in one hand because the other is needed for the cane.

If dredging were allowed I think I could actually dredge, but how to get myself to the water and how to get all the equipment there also would be impossible without a lot of help.
Jim_Alaska
Property and Mining Rights Advocate
Klamath River, California
foley4086@gmail.com
Jim_Alaska

Postby russau » Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:17 am

Jim I'm sorta in the same boat as you EXCEPT for the cane. I'm supposed to wear a leg brace but I don't like it so I don't ! I could get down to the water by falling / rolling down hil but getting back up may take some real thinking . I would also need to crawl over to the shore to get out of the water and stand up (if nobody was looking! :roll: Atleast Leonard helped give me a lot of good dreams and friendship as well as a lot of other people ,and I am thankful for that !!! Giving up what dreamed of is really hard to do BUT atleast we got the fond memories while we could !
russau

Next

Return to General Prospecting