Turquoise Fever

Any information related to prospecting

Moderators: russau, Leonard

Re: Turquoise Fever

Postby russau » Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:15 am

They make this look so EZ until the temps drop! I still like gold and dredging! BUT F.O.G.'s cant do what they used to do anymore!
russau

Re: Turquoise Fever

Postby RiverGold » Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:41 pm

I hope the picture attachment comes out on this. This is a turquoise bolo tie I bought in Las Cruces, NM last year on my way back from the Tucson Gem and Mineral Show. It is a Navajo "old pawn" piece about 100 years old and the stone is probably from Kingman, AZ. If you know enough about turquoise to know what "old pawn" means, then you know it is pretty rare. Large stones like this are more rare these days because they use dynamite now for most turquoise mining. It tends to shatter the larger pieces. This stone is over 2" long and it appears to be hand polished, rather than tumbled, because the pyrite areas indented below the surface are still pretty rough. It seems to have good juju, too. When I got it, I had just been diagnosed with "likely" cancer the week before and scheduled for surgery. I wore it for two weeks, had the surgery and the tumor pathology came up "non-malignant". I am not terribly superstitious, but I wear the heck out this thing now.

I love turquoise, almost more than gold. I tried to find Turquoise Fever on YouTube, Leonard, but all they had was 2- minute promotional clips from it. If anybody knows where to find re-runs let us know.
Attachments
Turquoise bolo.jpg
Turquoise bolo tie
Turquoise bolo.jpg (45.91 KiB) Viewed 1176 times
RiverGold

Previous

Return to General Prospecting