Moderators: russau, Leonard

Re: Merry Christmas!

Postby russau » Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:03 pm

Yep Dick , wouldn't we all ! :D
russau

Postby Joe S (AK) » Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:00 pm

golden optimist wrote:[quote="

73's about the time I started to really slow down. I'm 77 now. Can't complain though. I had a lot of good years with you guys.
Leonard[/quote]

So LEONARD,

When I hit 77 will I be as tall, experienced and as wise as you? :D

BRING IT ON!
Wiser Mining Through Many, Many Personal Mistakes (OOPS, "Personal Learning Situations")
Joe S (AK)

Postby libertydave » Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:01 am

I'm also turning 77 this year and chasing after gold is now a lot more tame than in my earlier days. Fortunately, my claim is a reasonable drive (an hour and a half) up into the Cascade mountains, parking my car in an off road clearing and toting my light duty gear about fifty feet to the creek. Even a few colors makes my day.

As I'm still finding fine gold in the stream gravels around here I don't let many in on where this place is located. That said I hope you all find some gold this year. Most of all good health to you. Cheers!!

LD
libertydave

Postby Hoser John » Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:41 am

Wishing you all the best in 2020.tons a au 2 u 2-John
Hoser John

Postby Joe S (AK) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 2:09 pm

:~) :~) :~) :~) :~) :~) :~) :~)
Joe
Wiser Mining Through Many, Many Personal Mistakes (OOPS, "Personal Learning Situations")
Joe S (AK)

Postby RiverGold » Tue Jan 07, 2020 12:14 pm

I missed out on the Christmas messages, so Happy 2020! Hopefully, 2020 will describe how good our vision will be in finding gold this year. From these messages, I realize now, even more than before, I am in the company of old men. That is OK. Old prospectors never die, they just smell that way! The best things thatI have learned about finding and recovering gold have come from old prospectors like those of you here.

I am 72 now. So you guys are making me feel young again. I can still get around in the creek with the help of a hiking stick to help my balance. I just can't get down long, steep hillsides like I used to or haul a dredge down a long bank, but I get around with a gold pan OK. Like someone else said, I just need a few specs or flakes every now and then to feed my gold habit. I have more fun now just talking to people on a creek and explaining what I am doing and showing their kids how to pan for gold. I appreciate simple pleasures in life more now. The actual gold is a bonus on top of getting outdoors and meeting a few nice people.

Not that I wouldn't like to find some more gold.....
RiverGold

Previous

Return to General Prospecting