Postby golden optimist » Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:54 pm

A trip to a small hard rock mine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAfUqbWK6Sc

Leonard
golden optimist
Site Admin

Re: Hard rock mine tour

Postby dickb » Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:09 pm

Thanks for sharing. Interesting listening to him explain how it is being done even now. You kind of have to wonder how much gold has been pulled from the mine over the years. It must have made some money to keep the miners working it and pay for the operations.

Dickb
77 Retired and Free
Eastern Iowa
dickb

Postby russau » Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:51 am

THANKS Leonard for sharing this video with the owners explaining the mine to us ! What a honor to hear him ! That compressor is a real old one and I haven't seen one similar to it in year's with the pony motor to start the main motor. I can just imagine all the gold and minerals that were pulled out of that mine over the year's !
russau

Postby Joe S (AK) » Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:38 pm

Even though I am not a fan of exploring old, abandoned, mines (Stay Out, :o Stay Alive!) I really enjoyed Don's tour of his working mine.

Well Done Leonard! :D

Joe
Wiser Mining Through Many, Many Personal Mistakes (OOPS, "Personal Learning Situations")
Joe S (AK)

Postby Hoser John » Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:52 am

Amen i love the wide and open but the intrigue and danger is enticing hardrock-John
Hoser John

Postby getterdone » Tue Feb 18, 2020 3:34 pm

That was a good video. I have been involved in mining for over 60 years For 5 years with some partners trying to open old
mines. Work 12 years for one of the big mining companies,did survey control for underground & open pit
along with pond construction. Walking out of one of the mines 25 years ago slipped on the snow and came down on my mine rescue
pack which was like a steel canteen & chipped some bone off my back.
Pretty sure the 4 wheeler he was driving was Diesel powered, gas one would kill you.
I did get to drive one round with a jack leg, we were back in about 1/4 mile, we couldn't afford the steel pipe for a air line. We used
the black plastic line for air & water. We had a generator that provided light for a 15 watt bulb, no cap lights. The tender gave me to
much air to start with & it melted the air which was swing around in circles and of course the first thing it hit was the light bulb. I was laying
down on the floor and it was bouncing off my back. Oh what fun we had. Many other stories.
getterdone

Return to General Prospecting