Beat the Drum So We Know You're Still There!!!

Any information related to prospecting

Moderators: russau, Leonard

Beat the Drum So We Know You're Still There!!!

Postby Joe S (AK) » Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:59 am

Hey, Is everyone still doing OK?

Month of March trip to Australia had to be cut short at 3 weeks due to "The Miseries Panic". Unbelievably great time with Gold mining, cyber buddies!

I'm doing OK, sort of just staying at the house in Idaho, however my wife had upper spine decompression / fusion surgery 2 weeks ago so I'm on 25-8 nursing duty.
If anyone plans to have that type of upper back surgery - LOOK UP "C-5 PALSY" as a frequent complication and BEWARE :!:

Hope that Canada relaxes that border closure thing before summer or I may be here in Idaho until next spring.

How 'bout everyone else? Hoser? Leonard? Rus? Glen? Others ? ? ?

Joe
Last edited by Joe S (AK) on Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wiser Mining Through Many, Many Personal Mistakes (OOPS, "Personal Learning Situations")
Joe S (AK)

Re: Beat the Drum So We Know You're Still There!!!

Postby russau » Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:03 pm

Same same Joe ! Misery, like a lot of states, became a "stay at home " state...……….No where to go now until these states remove that restriction . :roll: `
russau

Postby Joe S (AK) » Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:48 pm

Hey Russ,

Remember when the SICK people were Quarantined and the HEALTHY people were able to move about freely? All but a very few of the healthy ones went to work and the net result was that the local and national economies kept strong, moving and viable while the sick people stayed at home to recover in bed? :o

Remember how Doctors determined who had to be quarantined and for how long --- not knee jerk politicians looking to broker their fear mongering agendas?

I also do seem to remember something about --- oh, how did that go? --- "... unalienable rights of Life, Liberty and The Pursuit of Happiness" that used to be pretty important, too. So important that it was written down in an old, long document called ... Constitution of....... Yeah - I remember that just like I can easily recall "... against all enemies, foreign and domestic." :roll:

Oh well, maybe we'll get back to that kind of thinking in another 250 years or so. That old way was good while it lasted, remember?

All the best to you, Russ, "Keep the Faith". ;)

Joe
Wiser Mining Through Many, Many Personal Mistakes (OOPS, "Personal Learning Situations")
Joe S (AK)

Postby russau » Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:51 am

Ahmen to that !
russau

Postby Jim_Alaska » Fri Apr 17, 2020 10:23 am

So right Joe, glad to see that there are a few left who are not afraid to say "the king has no clothes on."

What follows I posted on another forum:

This is from a legislator that "gets it".

Together We Can Restore Freedom, Free Markets,
and Constitutionally Limited Government.

Let’s end the Shameful Destruction of our Economy
RIGHT NOW!

Did you ever imagine that our government could cancel all Easter services within Oregon and nobody would complain?

Did you ever think that some elected official could declare your daughter’s March, April, or May wedding a risk to public health and cancel the whole affair? Or, with the stroke of the pen, void the transportation and hotel bookings for all of your family, friends and guests, telling them they were no longer welcome into our lives, or neighborhoods?

If this doesn’t sound like a bad bit of dystopian fiction, then I don’t know what does. When we stop to consider the reasons, rational, or logic of the “Stay Home/Save Lives” narrative, we see that it isn’t reasonable, logical or rational – it is politically motivated.

It is the deep-state’s favorite tool – FEAR–MONGERING.

During the COVID-19 event, there have been 132,951 deaths worldwide, as of 4/15/2020. The Center for Disease Control (CDC), federal officials and most state government health authorities like sharing aggregated numbers with us because they are large and sound very formidable. These numbers include individuals who had COVID-19 and other chronic diseases such as cancer, chronic lung disease, severe obesity, diabetes or cardiovascular disease.

Total deaths in the US are approximately 27,605, which sounds more reasonable for our nation’s population of 330 million. Oregon’s death toll is 55 which is under 1.3 persons per 100,000 population.

While each of these lost lives represents an enormous tragedy for friends, families and loved ones, most of us realize that death eventually finds each of us. No one knows the day or the hour. This is not meant to be dismissive, but since our culture claims a deep appreciation of cold science, hard facts and reality, then each of us will someday face the inevitability of death for ourselves and our loved ones.

Here are some other worldwide numbers to consider, as of 4/15/2020:

3,750,391 people have died from other communicable diseases, in the first 4 months of 2020. The communicable disease number is nearly 136X the COVID-19 death toll for the US during the same period.
140,517 deaths from seasonal flu;
1,444,218 deaths from smoking;
389,985 deaths from traffic accidents;
2,372,725 deaths caused by cancer;
309,803 deaths by suicide;  
722,573 deaths from alcohol abuse.
None of the tragic numbers in the above statistics warranted the economic shutdown of our entire economy. Yet, these statistics are many times more than the COVID-19 death toll. (Running Stats here)

How can our Governor claim this inappropriate and economically devastating shutdown is based on data? Doesn't it look otherwise. What if this shutdown is just the same old Democrat policy spouted by Obama's chief of staff, Rahm Emanuel, when he gave advice to his party's faithful during the Great Recession Bank Bailout of 2008? Remember,

“You never want a serious crisis to go to waste. And what I mean by that

is an opportunity to do things that you think you could not do before.”

The Declaration of Independence and the US Constitution are testaments to the fact that during the founding era, Americans were willing to fight for and protect their freedom as individuals, families and self-governing colonies.

Today, instead of protecting that liberty which our Founding Fathers worked so hard for, Americans are willing to give it up over a statistically irrelevant fear of COVID-19 varnished with some political spit and lots of public treasure.

Let’s look at an analogous situation from American history. George Mason who was a farmer and delegate to the U.S. Constitutional Convention, recalled a time during the Revolutionary War when General Washington’s army was about to evacuate New York. He describes heated discussions regarding the pros and cons of burning New York city to the ground. 

Those in favor of burning of the city thought, if the homes, shops, equipment and barns in the city were left intact then that would provide too much shelter and too great of an advantage for the British troops. Mason recalls,

"I am surprised to hear of the sentiments of so many wise and worthy gentlemen, to burn the city of New-York, that has cost so much time and treasure to erect…

“If we burn the city, how many hundreds of worthy inhabitants shall we distress and many wholly ruin, who have only left the city to escape the dangers of war, and perhaps may return again in a few months. If the British troops burn it let them take [suffer] the curses of an innocent people.

“As for my part I can see no more reason for burning the city than that a wealthy farmer should burn his barns because the rats have got into them.”

I would suggest that our out-of-touch experts are making a similar mistake. We are allowing those with no vested interest in our home, retail or industrial businesses to quarantine and shutter our enterprises when it should be our responsibility to ensure our own safety and the safety of those in our communities. Besides, it looks as though people are acting out of fear and a false belief that the government can save them.

Lastly, we are quarantining the wrong population. The elderly and at-risk populations can be easily quarantined and cared for with far less cost and tragedy to the overall economy. Common-sense would preserve the energy, toil, hard-work and investments that have generated great prosperity for our communities while protecting the vulnerable.

We are willfully giving away our freedom and liberty over an exaggerated fear created by government actors who are peddling a politically driven narrative. The government cannot save us, but they can certainly destroy our livelihoods – Just look around...

Remember, If we don’t stand for rural-Oregon values and common sense…  
No one will!!

Let’s end the Shameful Destruction of our Economy
RIGHT NOW!

Regards,

Dennis Linthicum
Oregon State Senate 28
Jim_Alaska
Property and Mining Rights Advocate
Klamath River, California
foley4086@gmail.com
Jim_Alaska

Postby RiverGold » Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:52 pm

Joe, I hope your wife is doing OK. My daughter-in-law had back surgery three years ago to correct spine curvature so she could have kids. Rough surgery and fusion of some disks, but it turned out well. Her back fully recovered and I now have 2 wonderful grandchildren down in Austin! Wishing your wife the best recovery.

Randy A
RiverGold

Postby Joe S (AK) » Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:32 pm

Everything went well until a day or two after surgery when a complication popped up. Called "C-5 Palsy" it is a not uncommon condition where, in her specific case, all strength in her left arm was gone. She can't even lift it a little bit Then a few days later pain in her neck and upper spine. We're dealing with it one hour at a time and the good news is that 70% recover spontaneously within 2 months or so. (Yeah, that means that 30% don't - and we'll just have to see about that).

The good news is that we don't have the "Mutated SARS Virus ver. 2.0" and so that's a really great thing.

Great to see you here :lol: - I just wish others would also stop by and visit for a few minutes. :roll:

All the Best!

Joe
Joe S (AK)

Postby russau » Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:01 am

God bless Joe ! I'm saying a prayer for your wife and you & I hope everything turns out well !
russau

Postby Jim_Alaska » Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:19 pm

Sorry to hear about BJ's health problem Joe. Know that I will be in prayer about this, give her my best, as well as a hug. You have my email addy, just shout if there is anything you need, or anything that I can do.
Jim_Alaska
Property and Mining Rights Advocate
Klamath River, California
foley4086@gmail.com
Jim_Alaska

Postby barney-mi » Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:47 pm

Well Joe I guess I'll chime in, sorry to here about ur wife hope she has a speedy recovery. Every thing here in Michigan is going bonkers , i'm sure you seen on the news about the protest at the capitol the other day, now other states are doing the same lol well they went to her house today. It's unbelievable how the our local and state goverments are locking us down. We can't even go fishing with a boat motor. :shock: well stay safe my friend . Barney-mi :D :D :D
barney-mi

Next

Return to General Prospecting