Here we go again

Any information related to prospecting

Moderators: russau, Leonard

Here we go again

Postby golden optimist » Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:39 am

Matt, I think you need to move to the Rocky Mountains. All these hurricanes are telling you something. Here, as long as you stay out of the forests and the flood plains, we are pretty much safe. Hope you remain safe. We have the occasional mountain lion, bear, moose, or rattlesnake but they are a few and far between.
Leonard
golden optimist
Site Admin

Re: Here we go again

Postby russau » Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:14 pm

I second that idea ! I'd like to move also BUT where ? can't afford to where I'd like to go and don't want to go where I can afford ! So where's the problem???
russau

Postby Jim_Alaska » Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:40 pm

Just sell your house Russ, then you will be forced to move and can choose.
Jim_Alaska
Property and Mining Rights Advocate
Klamath River, California
foley4086@gmail.com
Jim_Alaska

Postby russau » Thu Oct 08, 2020 6:03 am

And there in is the other "problem" without giving your home away to a low baller ! and who wants to live close to where the riots/protester's are active ??? :roll:
russau

Postby Matt Mattson » Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:33 pm

golden optimist wrote:Matt, I think you need to move to the Rocky Mountains. All these hurricanes are telling you something. Here, as long as you stay out of the forests and the flood plains, we are pretty much safe. Hope you remain safe. We have the occasional mountain lion, bear, moose, or rattlesnake but they are a few and far between.
Leonard

I get it - but it is much safer here than where we were, eyeball to eye-wall with them at 12 feet from the water. Here it's 115 miles to the nearest Gulf waters at Panama City Beach. I'll take it. Just so you know, this one is slated to throw us a good 2 day rain, but not much more. I do pity the people down in the impact area, they've caught 3 in a row and I know how that feels. The storm that leveled Geno was the 2nd of three that got us - he had the full hit, then we got #3 over Hernando Beach. It was kind of a screwy one and hard to predict, I decided to hitch up the C-Dory and abandon ship, heading N. on 19 only to find people running out of gas panicking and fist fighting each other in the ditch and whatnot. Found a break and headed East to Gainesville, FL and stopped at the rest area only to find the thing was now heading E and I ended up going through a hurricane at a rest stop. The C-Dory was between two tractor trailers, would have lost it if not so.

Anyway, this will be a piece of cake compared to that kind of stuff. Glad to be out of there.
Matt Mattson

Postby russau » Fri Oct 09, 2020 4:32 am

Thank God for small favor's ! At least now you can sleep in peace !
russau

Return to General Prospecting