DOWSERING

Any information related to prospecting

Moderators: russau, Leonard

DOWSERING

Postby getterdone » Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:51 am

For the old timers who use to get the GPAA magazine back in the 1990s the Father in law of the publisher Peter F. Kuypers wrote articles on Dowsing and started a club known as the Universal Dowsers
Assoc. which I became a member of in 1991. At that time he also offered if you would send him a map along with a fee he would Dowse that map for you. I had a area that I had searched for a long time looking for a lost Gold ledge. It took me sometime to save up the fee amount but finally sent it off to him, after a month of not getting a reply back I thought maybe I got ripped off. But then came a letter from his Daughter with my returned Check stating that he had died they day I sent him the map & money. Three years ago I got hooked up with a old friend who was interested in Dowsing & i gave
him a copy of the course on Dowsing. It didn't take long for him to get up to speed mot only on using a single Rod but also Dowsing Maps. It has been Fun and may also turn out to be profitable time will . The best way to see if it might work for you is have someone put something gold out in your yard & see if you can find it using a metal rod.
I dowsed a map one time & got a hit and drove out to that area and would have needed to walk about half mile to the site on my Map, it started raining & I convinced my self that I didn't want to get wet,
and also that Dowsing probably didn't work & drove back home. 20 years later I found out that Standard Oil had located a large block of claims at the area I had Dowsed on my Map.
getterdone

Re: DOWSERING

Postby Plumas » Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:18 am

Dowsing is flat amazing. I started fooling around with it after a fellow elementary school student did a class presentation on it. It doesn't work for all guys and its rare that it works for women.

Was fortunate to spend a bit of time with our local water witcher Bano B. Bano got his start witching oil wells in Oklahoma back in the thirty's. Back then, that is how the decision on where to drill was made. When Bano was hot on a potential site for a water well if you reached out to him, he would shoot a half inch spark at your hand! I sure wish he was still alive.

Dowsing works for many things. Have located septic tanks, lost underground fuel storage tanks and even missing dogs using the map inside the phone books and it's fun to fool with on the claims. The only time I had poor success was trying to dowse where a local arsonist would strike next. Between the state, the USFS and our county the reward was substantial. I figured my chances catching him might be better than trying to win the lottery. I'd dowse a spot on a map using a book of matches tied to a string as my pendulum and hide myself along the edge of the road filming every car (and the license plates) that drove by on my iPhone. Blessedly for the forest but not so good for me they caught him and ended my experiment.

So be aware there are a lot of things that can be dowsed. My next hope is to find missing children.

Plumas
Ah ain't no flatlander!
Plumas

Postby russau » Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:33 pm

I also have seen it work. There are a lot of ideas on how it works and there are lots of people that cant do it and they swear it is unworkable.
russau

Postby Joe S (AK) » Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:39 pm

In the mid 60s I learned about water dowsing and learned to use the forked twig with absolutely no effort. In fact, the second or third time I used the green peach branch I was going to really test this phenomenon - because it was just too simple to be real.

I, with my father, brother and other adult guys were attempting to locate a new site to re-dig a failing old well (the reason to be using the dowsing in the first place). It was not a trivial matter - wells on that Pennsylvania mountain top would often go down 3,000 plus feet, and sometimes simply came up dry. The branch "told me" a spot six feet from the old well was the hot location and that spot was staked. Then, to test the dipping twig I clamped down HARD on the forked twigs with both hands and tried with all my 18 year old's hand strength to force the twig back up from diving at that spot. I was strong back then and I rotated both locked on hands to twist the stems against 'the force' and to bring the diving down tip back up to level. I clamped down with all my strength and twisted both "Y" branches in a do-or-die battle.

No, I couldn't bring the vertical tip back up - and then the adults joked with me as they took the forked peach branch to keep looking, themselves. Suddenly it got really quiet. The bark on the branches where I had my "Vulcan Death Grip" had twisted and separated from the wood underneath. The bark was completely loose and not attached to the wood under any more. Scary. The stake, 6 feet from the old well stayed in place.

Oh, before I forget - the well driller came to dig the new well and knew that there was a lot of money to be made on that mountain. He sauntered over, full of confidence and experience and asked where we all wanted to start the new well project. The adults all pointed to the stake that had been put in the ground six feet from the old well which was where I had twisted the bark off the branch. The well driller laughed, since the old well was clearly visible, and then, looking at all the serious faces around he stopped laughing. In a short while he was set up over the stake and planning how to spend the money from the "Gonna be a dry one."

At 18 feet he hit water. "Just surface water" he said - and so he continued drilling. At 24 feet he was asked to stop. He re-affirmed that surface water would just run out the minute it started being pumped - and to prove it he set up his truck mounted pump (the big one) and began pumping. 2, 3, 5, 10, 25 and then 30 minutes of continuous pumping could not pump out that well. DEAL DONE. 57 years later and the well is still producing.

A couple of years later in Alaska I was working with the Natural Gas Company running gas lines to homes and businesses. We had Fischer "M Scopes" to find the gas mains --- however --- once in a long while the M Scopes would just not work. The first time that happened my crew chief went to the truck and brought back two brass brazing rods, bent them into a 90 degree angle and handed them to me. (he didn't know about the peach branch bark) Those brass rods worked 100% right from the git-go. They worked so well that at times, just for fun, we would use the rods instead of the M Scope.

Over the years I have found water, underground pipes, buried electric wires, old ditches, drain tiles, plastic septic lines and, of course, overhead power lines. Maybe some day soon I'll try an experiment or two with Gold.

I have heard skeptics in the past speculating that the rods are 'picking up' magnetic "flux lines" and that is all they do. I have kept my mouth shut about the fact that I use brass rods that are absolutely unaffected by magnetism.

- Joe -
Wiser Mining Through Many, Many Personal Mistakes (OOPS, "Personal Learning Situations")
Joe S (AK)

Postby russau » Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:18 am

I agree Joe ! When I first heard about a friend's ability to find gold I wanted to prove to myself if it worked or NOT . I was dumb founded when my friend stopped right over a "hidden " nugget that I placed in my yard and wanted to see if he could find it ! :D
russau

Return to General Prospecting