California Mining claims

Any information related to prospecting

Moderators: russau, Leonard

California Mining claims

Postby micropedes1 » Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:03 pm

I lost a partner a few weeks ago due to heart attack. He normally took care of all claim maintenance paperwork on our California claims and left the Alaska claims (state) to me. I was left not knowing what was done as far as paperwork goes other than something filed on Aug 26 which I assumed to be a small miner waiver.

What I did:
Called county tax office and paid taxes. Filed Proof of Labor AND Intent to Hold with county. (Since when did CA document fees get so expensive? Like $100+ each). Sent copy of Intent to Hold to BLM.

It’s been 10+ years since I have dealt with federal claims in the lower 48, but I have a nagging feeling that I have forgotten something. If I screwed up, please enlighten me so I can refill claim ASAP. BTW, how can I get deceased partner’s name removed? His heirs have no interest in continuing mining the claims.
micropedes1

Re: California Mining claims

Postby Joe S (AK) » Wed Dec 30, 2020 3:21 pm

Seems like a relatively straight forward situation. Email to you was sent a few minutes ago although a Calif claim owner might have more info than my poor knowledge. :oops:

- Joe -
Wiser Mining Through Many, Many Personal Mistakes (OOPS, "Personal Learning Situations")
Joe S (AK)

Re: California Mining claims

Postby russau » Thu Dec 31, 2020 4:15 am

SORRY for your loss Glen !
russau

Return to General Prospecting