Site really dead

Any information related to prospecting

Moderators: russau, Leonard

Site really dead

Postby golden optimist » Fri Jul 02, 2021 9:04 am

I know that it's a slow time but this seems extraordinally bad.
Any one around?
Leonard
golden optimist
Site Admin

Re: Site really dead

Postby dickb » Fri Jul 02, 2021 12:50 pm

It seems to me that all of us have got too old to mine and the young folks aren't interested at all. I'm going to be 75 and not much I can do but enjoy the past times and the fun I had.

Dickb
77 Retired and Free
Eastern Iowa
dickb

Postby Stumpdust » Fri Jul 02, 2021 1:06 pm

I still mine and post, but get off the wall comments , It aint no fun when that happens, about to leave myself.
Stumpdust

Postby golden optimist » Sat Jul 03, 2021 9:58 am

I hadn't seen any off the wall comments. I've just enjoyed your gold pictures. Russ and I are pretty much home bound as we get older.

Keep up the gold pictures.
Leonard
golden optimist
Site Admin

Postby russau » Fri Jul 09, 2021 11:37 am

If anyone gets a "off the wall " comment ask that person what's up with their comment . I've had them on different sites where poster's don't have their real name in the member's list and won't give it up in any event ! They can be blocked from posting and or removed from being able to post. No need for that kind of situation from anyone ! Greenie's and the wacoenviromentalist's are usually the main culprit!
russau

Postby Joe S (AK) » Fri Jul 09, 2021 12:51 pm

Well, Russ and Leonard, I suspect that I might have been the "Off the Wall Poster" that Stumpdust took issue with. :oops:

I didn't plan or actually want that -- but somehow he must have took umbrage with my trying to explain something to him that he just couldn't see. Bottom line was that I stopped posting on that string, and just moved on. All of that without leaving the forum or being upset, which I think is a good thing. ;)

So, back to minin' stuff again, you can't change the past - only the present and the future.

- Joe -
Wiser Mining Through Many, Many Personal Mistakes (OOPS, "Personal Learning Situations")
Joe S (AK)

Postby russau » Sat Jul 10, 2021 6:32 am

Well said Joe! Sometimes we just gotta be thick skinned to get through the day and let it set there !
russau

Postby Matt Mattson » Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:34 am

I think I'm like most - check in - see nothing, and check out since I'm not mining. I really hope to see activity from younger people. At any rate, Connie and I are fine, since we can't mine to any real active extent, we're turning what we did do (rocks and other stuff we saved) into money. She's making bonsai trees from all that stuff and I'm faceting (some). We're enjoying this cabin, fishing a lot.
Matt Mattson

Postby getterdone » Sat Feb 26, 2022 11:50 am

Yes they shut us down dredging here in Washington, so changed my ways back to looking for hard rock veins. Weather had a impact last year as the woods where shut down. For you Old guys you might remember The Father Law of the guys who published Gold Prospecting magazine who wrote articles on Dowsing. Yes it works and yes you can also dowse maps. No it doesn't work as well for Me as it does for my mining buddy. and others I have induced to do it. At 82 years old I could still do the dredging with a little help getting thinks in & out of the river. Spend more time now getting younger people to go chase the yellow Rainbow.
getterdone

Postby Jim_Alaska » Sat Feb 26, 2022 5:43 pm

golden optimist wrote:I know that it's a slow time but this seems extraordinally bad.
Any one around?
Leonard

I guess I am part of the problem Leonard. I visit multiple times per day, but usually don't post. I'm not a good conversation starter, but instead like to do replies. That works against me when the site is slow.
Jim_Alaska
Property and Mining Rights Advocate
Klamath River, California
foley4086@gmail.com
Jim_Alaska

Next

Return to General Prospecting