Site really dead

Any information related to prospecting

Moderators: russau, Leonard

Re: Site really dead

Postby libertydave » Wed Mar 08, 2023 3:21 pm

Hey all...the site is not dead, rather it is just currently dormant. The is still interest with many and us former DEFers thru the website have the only solid connection that remains between us.

Thank you Leonard and Russ for your support in sustaining GD.com.

Liberty Dave
libertydave

Postby Joe S (AK) » Wed Mar 08, 2023 11:09 pm

Dave,
I just see it as getting back to get a good run at it for Spring. :lol:

Time to change the old oil in the pump and give it an overall clean-up. How about the 'ol spark plug? I carry a ready-to-go, pre gapped one - do you? Also the perfect time to clean out the carpets for the very last, last, last concentrate pan-out from the last time it was used. Also the best time to give all the equipment that pre-use inspection we always just seem to, somehow, forget. Lay flat checks, quick connects, gas can clean outs to get rid of "Mysterious Stuff" and "Strange Chunks".

Also a good time to review all the web sites of those manufacturers we like to keep up with. Who knows what they've been up to?

Yepper - a lot to do and only a little time to do it. :!:

Joe
Wiser Mining Through Many, Many Personal Mistakes (OOPS, "Personal Learning Situations")
Joe S (AK)

Postby getterdone » Fri Mar 10, 2023 4:13 pm

Just don't get on this site like I use to, but a 83 years old just find this site as a good site as ever, Learned a lot from former input that has been posted. As they have shut down dredging in WA. State, spend what free time I have out looking for Hard rock gold. Have found that the mining Companies are only interested in high grade finds, located one 1/2 oz. zone over 2 miles long but not high enough grade at the current gold price which I think will go higher . Sure miss dredging in the summer but it was fun for over 18 years.
getterdone

Postby barney-mi » Fri May 05, 2023 9:32 am

Yep I'm still around .
, I just check in but ,but as you say Leonard the site is dead. I miss the times back a few years ago when you got on the site n could chat with most anyone. Not so much anymore it,s sad. Barney-mi :) :) :)
barney-mi

Postby Joe S (AK) » Fri May 05, 2023 11:34 pm

I'll have to say that I check out here and other Mining forums at least 3 times a day - and yes, really quiet.

Like most here I belong to other gold mining forums - in my case 3 others - and they all have been very, very slow moving over the last few years. The Wu Flu and the hateful anti-mining groups coupled with their unclear thinking judges as well as politicians (like you-know-who) have hit all of us with three debilitating foes time and time again. Like so much going on in the country, the critical future deciding points seem to be the '24 election and Supreme Court decisions (based on the Constitution and not liberal "feelings").

So, for now it is a waiting game while carefully protecting that ember of passion we all carry deep inside us.

"Molon Labe" - Spartan King Leonidas, 480 BC

Joe
Wiser Mining Through Many, Many Personal Mistakes (OOPS, "Personal Learning Situations")
Joe S (AK)

Postby golden optimist » Mon May 08, 2023 7:23 am

I'm still here. Just been having computer problems. The health been going a little slow. Been fighting bad back problems and since they won't give me anything any more it's just take acetaminophen and live with it.

Leonard
golden optimist
Site Admin

Postby Joe S (AK) » Mon May 08, 2023 10:51 am

I just push through the leg and back miseries - usually without even any OTC pain killers.

Every little pain reminds me of something good in the past that I'm paying for now, and the really painful things --- well --- even more fun earning them. :lol:

Joe
Joe S (AK)

Postby barney-mi » Fri May 19, 2023 12:22 pm

I'm wiyh Matt check in see no post n check back out. Altho I haven't been prostpecting much found out I had blatter cancer last September n had sugury in December so doing pretty good now , warming up finially so might get out n see what;s out there. see ya Barney-mi :D :D :D
barney-mi

Postby Joe S (AK) » Sat May 20, 2023 7:14 pm

I, on the other hand try to find ANY posting to keep "stuff" rolling along since just leaving things for others to fix just isn't really a part of my "Way of Things".

If none of us posted and only just 'checked in' once in a while then another one of those old sayings from our youthful olden days comes to mind: "Iffin' youse not part of the solution then youse part of the problem."

(Yeah, I spent my first 19 years growing up a few hundred feet north of the Philadelphia county line and I've spent the next 57 years (so far) correcting my old "Philly way of talking". I guess, in a way, English is my second language with wanting "A glass of wudder after greezin' the car" going away with the days of the week Mon-de', Tues-de', Wens-de', Thurs-de', Fri-de', Satur-de' and Sun-de'.

We all, of course, evolve in our speech over our lives, however, for some of us .........well................. :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll: :shock:

So Barney - any "funny" words up there in Michigan - eh? How 'bout other of youse guys bubbling up here?

AND -- just to keep on topic here - how is it that micro Gold, as hydrophobic as people say it is, doesn't just wash (float) to the ocean in double quick time? Yes, it floats in a pan due to surface tension but you need a rather rare surficant in that hybrid situation. :shock: :shock: Just no soap showing up in nature - eh Barney?

Joe
Joe S (AK)

Postby Matt Mattson » Sun May 21, 2023 7:57 am

barney-mi wrote:I'm wiyh Matt check in see no post n check back out. Altho I haven't been prostpecting much found out I had blatter cancer last September n had sugury in December so doing pretty good now , warming up finially so might get out n see what;s out there. see ya Barney-mi :D :D :D

Glad you're doing good!

As for the site I agree with Dave it's dormant but not dead. I checked in hour by hour just to see if that was true and there were 2-8 people on it and that could be over a matter of minutes. I would guess it's the youngsters trying to learn - at least I hope so.

I did make a movie post on nuggets, metal detecting, metal detectors and such a few days ago but haven't kept up with how many viewed from here since I'm busy polishing petrified wood for a gem show but there had to be some.
Matt Mattson

PreviousNext

Return to General Prospecting