Precision Dredge

Any information related to prospecting

Moderators: russau, Leonard

Precision Dredge

Postby Bonaro » Sun Nov 14, 2021 11:35 pm

I have an original Precision dredge and I offered it up for sale on a FB gold mining page.
With current regulations I am not surprised that I gained little interest...what did surprise me was how few people actually knew what this was. Only a few knew of Precision dredges and fewer had heard of a Couple Jet or over/under sluice.

I guess the old ways, including their amazing innovations are truly fading away. It made me feel obsolete for about a minute, then I laughed because I realized I knew how real mining is done compared to the flyspeck/table spoon crowd with their dream mats that makes up the current mining community.

Here is a cheers to all of us who got it done!
We have dived in water so swift we needed 100lbs. of lead to keep us down.
Rivers so dank you were completely blind and had no reference for which way was up
We have rigged makeshift equipment and risked our lives
We have dived 30-40-50 feet or more in search of the paystreak
We have broke ice on the riverbank so we could get in one more trip.
We have eaten beans and tortillas and slept on rocks just to be closer to the dredge.
...and we found so much gold...!

~Salute!
Bonaro

Re: Precision Dredge

Postby russau » Mon Nov 15, 2021 8:03 am

Salute to you and your efforts ! I wish I could be able to still use anything now - a - days other than my ridding mower and my recliner ! :D
russau

Postby golden optimist » Mon Nov 15, 2021 8:45 am

Bonaro wrote:I have an original Precision dredge and I offered it up for sale on a FB gold mining page.
With current regulations I am not surprised that I gained little interest...what did surprise me was how few people actually knew what this was. Only a few knew of Precision dredges and fewer had heard of a Couple Jet or over/under sluice.

I guess the old ways, including their amazing innovations are truly fading away. It made me feel obsolete for about a minute, then I laughed because I realized I knew how real mining is done compared to the flyspeck/table spoon crowd with their dream mats that makes up the current mining community.

Here is a cheers to all of us who got it done!
We have dived in water so swift we needed 100lbs. of lead to keep us down.

Clear Creek in Colorado. It was really exciting when I accidentally kicked the weight belt release and I popped to the current

Rivers so dank you were completely blind and had no reference for which way was up

DEF in Georgia. We waded down the muddy river feeling with my feet looking for a gravel bar.

We have rigged makeshift equipment and risked our lives
We have dived 30-40-50 feet or more in search of the paystreak This I didn't do

We have broke ice on the riverbank so we could get in one more trip.

Been there, done this many times

We have eaten beans and tortillas and slept on rocks just to be closer to the dredge.
...and we found so much gold...!

Here also

~Salute!

Leonard
golden optimist
Site Admin

Postby russau » Mon Nov 15, 2021 1:31 pm

Leonard's favorite camp food is/was Mac n cheese with hot sauce. It was good after a day dredging in cold water ! :D
russau

Postby libertydave » Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:41 pm

During my many years of dredging we made every attempt to eat a good meal. Here's our sample daily menu...

Breakfast...donuts, spam, canned fruit and coffee
Lunch (when we had time to eat)...can of tuna salad, crackers, beer and bag of yum yums
Dinner....Hamburger helper, spam, canned chili and donuts
Night time snack....donuts, beer with an Imodium AD chaser

Cheers! Liberty Dave
libertydave

Postby russau » Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:05 am

Dave that sounds like a breakfast of champions for sure !! :D
russau

Postby golden optimist » Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:14 am

The breakfast eggs had jalapenos and diced onions in it and a couple pounds of bacon. We skipped lunch and quit early afternoon and then some beers was in order. What I had for supper always had to have some more jalapenos in it and some beans with Wild Turkey .

On special occasions we made up a batch of burritos. There usually were plenty left over for breakfast.
Leonard
golden optimist
Site Admin

Return to General Prospecting