Great, Short Video

Any information related to prospecting

Moderators: russau, Leonard

Great, Short Video

Postby Joe S (AK) » Sat Feb 26, 2022 12:30 am

Well worth the few minutes to watch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FI3sDVN_Ivw

- Joe S -
Wiser Mining Through Many, Many Personal Mistakes (OOPS, "Personal Learning Situations")
Joe S (AK)

Re: Great, Short Video

Postby russau » Sat Feb 26, 2022 2:29 am

Very good video Joe ! I watched 2 shows and will save them to my computer for achieving and watching and watching later ! :D I still have the Generac 10 kw gen that is shown on the 2nd video.
russau

Postby russau » Sat Feb 26, 2022 9:37 am

LOTS of good ideas for the repairs ! A couple of ideas that I found to work great is after running your gen for what you need , DONT just turn the gen. off !! I like to idle it down for a short period to help clean the plug of excesses gas and end up adding to the fouling out of that plug. and then turn the fuel valve into the "off" position and let it run out of fuel in the carb . And if it isn't run for sometime ,and end up getting the fuel to turn bad and plugging the carb for more fun ! And when you do start your gen. to exercise it ALLWAYS have a load on it to exercise the "load mechanism " with a light bulb or a drill motor or whatever you have that will cause the gen. to load up into high run status ! this will make your life better instead of working on the equipment when it is a LOT EZer to do it right in the first place ! :o
russau

Postby russau » Sat Feb 26, 2022 9:43 am

Also on gas engines that sit around in the heat of a storage shed OR where ever you keep them and now find them unable to start no matter how much you pull on them . Check to small fuel lines from the tank to the push bulb to the carb and look for the lines and/or the bulb to be hard or broken from dring out and become brittle. I found this to be one of the first things I look for and that is the majority of the problems I've found ! :o
russau

Postby russau » Sat Feb 26, 2022 9:50 am

And on 2 cycle engines (dirt bikes) It has to have top end compression as well as bottom end compression to run. VACUUM you say ? YES on the cylinder base gasket , if it is cracked ( Not sealing), it will be a hard one to start if you can get it to work ! Years back a guy gave me a dirt bike because he couldn't get it to run no matter what they did to it ! QAnd yes I did say THANKS ! :D
russau

Postby Joe S (AK) » Sat Feb 26, 2022 11:53 am

One youtube guy I really learn a lot from calls himself "mustie1".

He explains his thinking and how he gets some of the really nasty stuff running (sometimes not). He shows a lot of the ways of checking out and getting 'stuff' back into running order (and then he sells the thing from his front yard in New England).

He started off with a LOT of small engine stuff like lawnmowers and to break up the monotony he branched off in a couple of other directions.

Antique engines that haven't run in decades, Old VWs (he used to be a VW mechanic), all sorts of mechanical stuff including chain saws, boat motors and if you can imagine it he has (usually) gotten them up and running.

A lot of basic stuff - you know - spark, fuel, air, compression explaining to you what he's looking for. He usually puts up a video every Sunday morning - and sometimes if the project is bigger he'll make multiple videos.

There are other channels that I follow but his is the hands down best.

Lets see if I can pull up a good'un. Here is an OLD snow blower to start you off on:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VXK7DCZVaQ

Be careful - once you start watching these .........................
Wiser Mining Through Many, Many Personal Mistakes (OOPS, "Personal Learning Situations")
Joe S (AK)

Postby russau » Sat Feb 26, 2022 5:32 pm

Your right Joe about these can & will be addicting , But informative for a old fart as myself! :roll:
russau

Postby Joe S (AK) » Sun Feb 27, 2022 8:45 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Joe S (AK)

Postby russau » Sun Feb 27, 2022 4:47 pm

Tis good to get a chuckle out of you! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
russau

Postby dickb » Mon Feb 28, 2022 6:10 pm

I like VW's and have been following him for a long time.

Dickb
77 Retired and Free
Eastern Iowa
dickb

Return to General Prospecting