New gold show

Any information related to prospecting

Moderators: russau, Leonard

New gold show

Postby golden optimist » Wed Mar 02, 2022 8:05 pm

On Fox Business Channel American Gold. Now this is something different. They are shoring up a hard rock mine and shows a lot of detail on the mechanics. They won't last long though as there isn't the big drama game. You'll have to search to find when it is on.
Leonard
golden optimist
Site Admin

Re: New gold show

Postby libertydave » Wed Mar 02, 2022 10:27 pm

This show has been on for several weeks on Fox Business News and follows the efforts of five retired Dale brothers and their collective mining efforts to uncover a legendary vein of gold. It is well produced and draws people into the story as viewers follow the weekly adventures of these gold seekers looking for "Oly's Gold".

The location is in Montana's Bear Gulch and surrounding mountains in a documented mining operation that has been closed for decades. I've enjoyed it because there is a sense of reality to the brother's quest.

LD
libertydave

Postby golden optimist » Thu Mar 03, 2022 8:36 am

I really enjoyed it. The mining engineering side of it is realistic and not overdone or overacted. The episode I watched yesterday skipped all the hype. I was right there with them as they cut the timbers and shored up the mine utterance. I think the episode I saw was #2 and they were going to replay #1 in the next week or so. It looked like there were going to have 12 or so.
Leonard
golden optimist
Site Admin

Postby golden optimist » Mon Mar 21, 2022 12:31 pm

American Gold on the Fox business channel

This I highly recommend. I've seen several episodes and really enjoyed them.
Leonard
golden optimist
Site Admin

Postby russau » Tue Mar 22, 2022 8:29 am

Thanks Leonard ! :D
russau

Postby libertydave » Tue Mar 22, 2022 3:31 pm

I enjoyed the entire series of American Gold. Now wondering if there will be Season 2 where they actually find "O'ly's Gold"

LD
libertydave

Postby Gold Seeker » Fri Apr 01, 2022 5:16 pm

I've just started watching this show last Wednesday, but I've missed the first episodes hopefully they'll rerun them so I can see them.

Definitely more realistic than all the other gold shows, thanks for the heads up!
Skip P.

God, Family, Friends, and Gold!!!
Gold Seeker

Return to General Prospecting