Hoffman's are back!

Any information related to prospecting

Moderators: russau, Leonard

Hoffman's are back!

Postby golden optimist » Mon Mar 07, 2022 10:13 am

I saw an advertisement yesterday that the Hoffman's will be back the end of March. It seems they have claims in the Klondike. I'm sure we1ll see plenty of adds as the time gets closer.
Leonard
golden optimist
Site Admin

Re: Hoffman's are back!

Postby russau » Mon Mar 07, 2022 5:06 pm

Toad who ???????
russau

Postby libertydave » Thu Mar 10, 2022 10:35 am

He's ba-a-a-a-a-a-ack!

Yup. The Hoffman tribe is returning to Discovery TV on what is titled "Hoffman Family Gold". Love 'em...or don't...Todd, Jack, Hunter, Thurber and some others are stars on a new Discovery TV show beginning in a couple of weeks. Seems there is not a lot of middle ground here as for opinions on the personalities. Guess you also can't blame anyone for 'mining' their name recognition for profit. Remember...."flat plates won't catch gold".

Wondering how many of you out there have an opinion on the show's principles. And how many still watch and follow their new show.

LD
libertydave

Postby Joe S (AK) » Thu Mar 10, 2022 3:19 pm

Just remember season 1 and how their last ditch attitude to "... run what they brung" supposedly made up for zero mining knowledge.

And that nugget of knowledge that we all learned from "The Hoffman non-mining miners" that year:

"Running for Hours with No Carpets Makes for a really Fast Cleanup". :o

There was another thing that came to mind after that young teenager, Parker :D , taught them something or other ... Lets see now --- Blind pigs rooting for acorns ...... I forget the rest of it.

Maybe in this go-around there will be more meat than gristle. :roll:

Let me know how things turn out - I just can't bring myself to watch it because I'm afraid I might pick up some bad habits.

- Joe -
Wiser Mining Through Many, Many Personal Mistakes (OOPS, "Personal Learning Situations")
Joe S (AK)

Postby russau » Fri Mar 11, 2022 7:02 am

Joe I gotta agree with you ! I can't bring myself to viewing toad or his father's antic's ! Once was enough for me !
russau

Postby golden optimist » Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:43 am

I must have traveled too much. The year I went to Nome. that claim that they were at is where I was supposed to be going. Mark had shown me a video of them running the old road grader that was shown at the first of the show. We were planning on dredging in the creek. We never made connection so Dave and I ended up camping on the Nome beach.

Leonard
golden optimist
Site Admin

Postby russau » Sat Mar 26, 2022 3:25 pm

That Nome Beach video was funny !
russau

Postby libertydave » Sat Mar 26, 2022 9:39 pm

Felt compelled to see where the Hoffman's were mining so I watched HFG tonight. Looking at the terrain I believe we were within a couple dozen miles of their mining location a few years ago.

We were in Nome ten years ago and did some dredging. I recall going to the Nome Tourism/Museum offices and asking the representative at the desk what the locals did for entertainment. She said they go to out the airport, catch a plane and fly south. Hmm!

All said thought it was a great trip except for getting a case of what thy called "Arctic Crud" that lasted for a couple of months.

LD
libertydave

Postby russau » Sat Apr 02, 2022 5:14 am

TOAD ???? Thank goodness for the fast forward and the delete function ! :evil: :roll:
russau

Return to General Prospecting