Something to read in the ICMJ's PMJ

Any information related to prospecting

Moderators: russau, Leonard

Something to read in the ICMJ's PMJ

Postby Joe S (AK) » Sat Aug 06, 2022 12:51 pm

Once again this subject comes up from a PLP NEWS announcement - and for twice in a row( at least to me), the information seems to have popped up in The PMJ (The ICMJ Magazine).

The first article, where I initially saw something mentioned about this news, was in a column by the then owner Scott Harm called "PLP Update". (pages 39 - 42, Sep 2019). Some skimpy and sketchy information was revealed in the article and ANY further info seemed to only be available after you joined the PLP.

The story seemed unusual in how there had been some sort of accidental discovery of a strategy which almost every dredging miner in California could use - of course, every one of those miners had to join PLP to get any further "meat and potatoes" information.

I carefully read my monthly subscription to await any further revelations. After reading edition after edition and all the PLP Updates I stumbled upon something in the current article - Aug 2022, pages 45-46. It seemed to be a re-hash of the old information with a possibility for some sort of expansion of "the technique". (Oh yeah, the article also recommended that you be sure to join the PLP so that everything would be revealed - I think?)

Something to dwell on at least.

Joe
Last edited by Joe S (AK) on Fri Dec 09, 2022 5:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wiser Mining Through Many, Many Personal Mistakes (OOPS, "Personal Learning Situations")
Joe S (AK)

Re: Something to read in the ICMJ's PMJ

Postby Jim_Alaska » Sat Aug 06, 2022 3:32 pm

Hmmmm. here's a picture of me dwelling on it.

:roll:
Jim_Alaska
Property and Mining Rights Advocate
Klamath River, California
foley4086@gmail.com
Jim_Alaska

Re: Something to read in the ICMJ's PMJ

Postby russau » Sun Aug 07, 2022 3:36 am

I also read that article and came to the same conclusion....... :roll: It seems that since the passing of Jerry Hobbs (RIP) a lot has been in turmoil at PLP . I thought PLP was better organized than that !
russau

Return to General Prospecting