1st need help post!

Any information related to prospecting

Moderators: russau, Leonard

1st need help post!

Postby wa-au-nut » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:51 am

I am going to turn my a52 into a combo setup. Mostly highbanking but maybe some longarm dredging. Should I build a hopper like Keene shows or something else. Any pictures would help. Have acsess to Tig and Mig so thats not a problem and I like to tinker.
Thanks in advance John (15 miles west of Anne)
wa-au-nut

Re: 1st need help post!

Postby El Dorado » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:28 pm

Gee, I know I have not been around much, but when did Anne become a landmark?
El Dorado

Postby Flourchild » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:37 pm

I found a real nice hopper where I least expected it was on a craftsman electric chipper shredder. It was made of heavy impact resistant plastic same as the Keene and proline and I was able to cut it right to size and the beauty part was it was less than $10 ;) I also opted to place my dredge hose adapter on the lowest part of the hopper as seen in the picks below this is like the Proline as the Keene is up too high and spray's the material all over. I also made a mini crashbox for the material to hit before dropping onto the punchplate this helps with blow out in the sluice and smooths the flow out too. also design a scalping area in the head of the box I did this and can remove it without removing the riffles to see what if anything I might be finding. This was also an A-52 sluice w/extender, homespun stand and hose adapter punchplate from a BBQ grill a friend was tossing, 2 1/2"nozzle and suction hose camlock connectors, 25' layflat 1 1/2",145gpm harborfreight pump (on it's 3rd yr no problems) all for under $500 good luck hope this helps.

A river runs through the Garden of Eden called the Pishon and in this river is gold and the gold there is good!
Genesis 2: 10-12
Flourchild

Postby Dawgmining » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:48 pm

Damm nice Job.
I respect the ingun nuity
John Adams
Dawgmining

Postby wa-au-nut » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:31 am

El Dorado wrote:Gee, I know I have not been around much, but when did Anne become a landmark?

LOL Thought someone would get a kick outa that! With the smile on her Myspace she should be a landmark. Haven't mey her yet just PMed couple times.
wa-au-nut

Postby wa-au-nut » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:34 am

Thanks Flourchild! Gives me something to think about. Would have replyed sooner but my keyboard died, could only point and klick :lol:
wa-au-nut

Return to General Prospecting