Jim Foley Surgery

Any information related to prospecting

Moderators: russau, Leonard

Jim Foley Surgery

Postby Joe S (AK) » Sat Jul 15, 2023 5:41 pm

For those who hadn't heard -----------

Jim Foley went into bypass surgery yesterday. Here is the update from this early (Saturday) morning:

I've learned that Jim's surgeons elected to go with a quadruple (instead of the anticipated triple) bypass and that the heart surgery, itself, went very well. He has not (as of 8:30 AM, 15 July) woke up on his own yet - possibly due to old (or even, maybe, a new) stroke. He is being cared for as though he had experienced a new stroke, just to be on the safe side, and it has come down to a wait-and-see situation for the moment this morning.

The bypasses had completely repaired all the heart blood flow problems, however, the old (or maybe new) stroke situation has, it seems, delayed his post surgical waking up.

Joe
Wiser Mining Through Many, Many Personal Mistakes (OOPS, "Personal Learning Situations")
Joe S (AK)

Re: Jim Foley Surgery

Postby Matt Mattson » Sun Jul 16, 2023 6:16 pm

Thanks for letting us know. I will certainly pray for his recovery and wish him and his family all the best.
Matt Mattson

Postby libertydave » Sun Jul 16, 2023 9:21 pm

Wishing Jim a full and speedy recovery with his bypass. I'll pass along to other Pacific NW miners about his surgery and I will also keep him in my prayers. Thanks for the advisory.

Liberty Dave
libertydave

Postby Joe S (AK) » Mon Jul 17, 2023 8:39 am

No changes as of Monday (17th) morning. An MRI had shown that past mini-strokes had happened but no further news. Jim's wife, Linda, is passing along news as things happen.

Joe S
Wiser Mining Through Many, Many Personal Mistakes (OOPS, "Personal Learning Situations")
Joe S (AK)

Postby Joe S (AK) » Mon Jul 17, 2023 3:45 pm

A neurologist is evaluating Jim's condition now - more as I find out.

I'm leaving for Alaska in a few hours - I'll be on the 'net with the smart phone to keep up on Jim's progress.

Joe S

*** Preliminary info - Neurologist said that there was a stroke during the surgery. More to follow.

Joe
Joe S (AK)

Return to General Prospecting