golddredger.com good for another 3 years!

Any information related to prospecting

Moderators: russau, Leonard

Re: golddredger.com good for another 3 years!

Postby Bonaro » Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:05 pm

I have 15 megabits upload and 2 megabits download and it's slow for me too...connections dont get much faster.
I dont think its the connection speed. The website is probably throttled because of contractual issues. If you want a blazing fast website you have to pay a ridiculous fee... :cry:
Bonaro

Postby CalGoldDredger » Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:39 pm

Bonaro don't you mean 2 up and 15 down?? reverse.

I have 6 meg download and 1 meg uplaod and this site works fast sometimes and other times on the slower side.

Not something we should make a big deal over, as it was said "worth the wait". :)

John
CalGoldDredger

Postby Bonaro » Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:13 pm

up, down...it all seems the same sometimes
Bonaro

Postby DJR » Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:50 pm

I know your not asking for money.
But I personally would not mind if there was a membership fee.
You have a great site, and I have enjoyed it a lot over the years I have posted.
You could always have a trial period for new members where they can use the site for free, then if they like it, they can pay a user fee or move on.
Fact is that having something like this for free is great, but reality is that it costs money and the price g goes up all the time.
Only the Educated are Free.
Epictetus, Roman philosopher
DJR

Postby getterdone » Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:32 am

Leonard
It runs & works just fine on my computer, you have done good as always. Thank you.
I am pretty sure the Oroville brewery is still running & you know where the good gold
is at so stop by any time.
getterdone

Postby golden optimist » Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:56 pm

DJR wrote:I know your not asking for money.
But I personally would not mind if there was a membership fee.
You have a great site, and I have enjoyed it a lot over the years I have posted.
You could always have a trial period for new members where they can use the site for free, then if they like it, they can pay a user fee or move on.
Fact is that having something like this for free is great, but reality is that it costs money and the price g goes up all the time.

My expenses for the forum as it currently is now is minimal. I get far more enjoyment from it that what it actually costs me. My original post was an informational one for those that don't know about how my or other websites actually work. I will never take any money because that creates a position where I have to deliver a product that is marketable. This way if I were to decide that I no longer want to host the forum, I could pull the plug. I would never do that without offering it to someone that would want to carry on it's tradition, what ever that is. I would transfer it similar to Tom Ashworth shifting his forum to Mike Higbee.

Part of moving to the new forum software was to help minimize the forum supervision. Also, there was no support for the old software. We should lose no more posts with this software as it's designed to do exactly what we are using it for and that helps with making the management easier.
Leonard

I really enjoy the "family atmosphere" here and meeting the forum participants.
golden optimist
Site Admin

Previous

Return to General Prospecting