Brilliant Solution

Politically oriented information, blasts, kudo's for politician’s (probably won't be many of those)

Moderators: russau, Leonard

Brilliant Solution

Postby Hoser John » Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:22 am

I like this one as a good brain teaser...

Man Asked to Solve This Ethical Dilemma for Job Interview… His Answer Gets Him Hired

Job interviews are usually dreadful experiences. As the interviewee, you can prepare for potential questions in advance, but you can never be sure if an answer you give will sink your chances of being hired or lead you to employment days or weeks later.

The worst questions, perhaps, are those that pose an ethical dilemma in which you are given what appears to be a lose-lose situation. You have to come up with a creative solution that would mitigate or even eliminate any negative outcomes.

During a recent job interview, one man was asked:

You are driving along in your car on a wild, stormy night. You pass by a bus stop, and you see three people waiting for the bus:

1. An old lady who looks as if she is about to die.
2. An old friend who once saved your life.
3. The perfect man (or) woman you have been dreaming about.

Which one would you choose to offer a ride to, knowing there could only be one passenger in your car?

The man thought for a while. He could pick up the old lady because she is going die. He could pick up his old friend and repay him since he once saved, in this scenario, the applicant’s life. Or he could pick up his perfect dream lover because he might never see her again.

In the end, he answered, “I would give the car keys to my old friend and let him take the lady to the hospital. I would stay behind and wait for the bus with the woman of my dreams.”

The candidate’s answer was brilliant. The result: He was hired out of a pool of 200 applicants (H/T Young Conservatives).

Now if only Washington could come up with a few brilliant answers. Cheers, Unc
Hoser John

Re: Brilliant Solution

Postby russau » Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:36 pm

HA John that was a good one! the answers will come at the voteing booth! hopefully they will be the correct answer THIS TIME!
russau

Postby russau » Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:56 pm

once I was out of work.............well maybe several times(or more) in my 68 years , but I had a interveiw once that had good pay , good benefits close to home (for a change) and it was a newer building! at the interview I went into the interview room and there was a guy I knew sitting at the desk, I said "Hi Steve ,what are you doing here? he replied, "Im interviewing you for this job." I thought GREAT! we used to go drinking during our high school years.as we were getting into the "meat" of the interview, he said that he is going to let the guy ill be working with complete the interview.....................HMMMMM?? this guy came in and we got interduced and as the interview with him went on I knew most of the questions easily but some I couldn't come up with a answer........................I thought ohhhhhh sh*t , this will end my chance, so rather than BS him I said I don't know the answer to that BUT I do know where to find the answer.i used this line several times and I started thinking maybe this wasn't a good answer to the question! BUT they hired me anyway! after the interview I ask him, "there were several questions that I couldnt/didn't answer. why did you hire me? his reply was ,"yes I know. I hired you because I saw that you didn't try to BS me and you said that you knew where to get the answer! I liked that answer! he continued that they have several different refridgeration chambers and they all have different refridgerants and pressures. and its always best to refer to the manual to get the correct refridgerant and pressure or youll waste a lot of time and money doing it wrong! as it turned out he was one of them sqweeky clean guys that was a real perfectionist at all he did and he DID know his stuff! the bottom line is, "sh*t happens to some of us more so than others and I was in the right place at the right time and gave the right answer this time! :lol:
russau

Postby Hoser John » Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:41 am

8-) Amen brother of the dredger klan-respect-John
Hoser John

Postby russau » Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:36 pm

:)
russau

Postby Ornery Cuss » Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:29 pm

Hmmm,
Refrigerants and pressures.....That sounds like HVAC language and I speak that language.
Near thirty years I'd say, probably have ten years more to go....before I go.

Sometimes ya gotta think outside the box to solve problems/opportunities.

OC
So much river...So little time
Ornery Cuss

Postby russau » Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:38 pm

so true OC!!!
russau

Return to Political