2 more states no dredgn'

Politically oriented information, blasts, kudo's for politician’s (probably won't be many of those)

Moderators: russau, Leonard

2 more states no dredgn'

Postby Hoser John » Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:09 am

All the links and bs is posted on GPAA community forum as Virginia and Tennesse fall to the anti dredging cancer from the klamath-John
Hoser John

Re: 2 more states no dredgn'

Postby russau » Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:29 am

John ill bet you eventually all states will go this way! unless we get some real life representatives/senators that have America and Her people at heart! but im not holding my breath!
russau

Postby Gold Seeker » Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:22 am

John, Russ,

Dredging is alive and well in the state of Virginia, bad info posted by Charlotte49er/Brian, he sometimes post crap/his own rumors that he misinterprets from other postings on other subjects :roll: , I have many friends in Virginia and I can assure you dredging is alive and safe for now in Virginia, some of those friends worked very hard around 6 years ago to get the dredging laws to what they are today and you can use up to a 4" dredge in Virginia, before their actions there were no laws covering dredging for gold in the state of Virginia which is why they acted to get laws passed to protect and clarify dredging in Virginia, they won't let dredging go in Virginia without a battle and they stay on top of all that is going on, even with what is now happening in Tennessee and offering their help if needed to get the ban there lifted, those Virginia boys don't play around when it comes to prospecting within their state and the Virginia prospectors police these laws themselves whenever they see someone breaking them!!!

That being said there is a impromptu dredging ban in Tennessee, impromptu meaning that the ban is coming from an agency that is using a law concerning introducing pollution into streams to ban dredging, which we all know that dredging doesn't introduce pollution into a stream, the gold prospectors of Tennessee are trying to get their $h!t together (if they can stop fighting among themselves as to who did what that started all of this :roll: ) to form a fight to get the ban lifted.

This all started with a couple of dredgers in a rural stream, though they are from Tennessee they were not local to this rural stream and were dredging very near local people swimming, they were asked to move further up stream as to not be so close to the other users of this stream, they were even invited by other dredgers upstream who has developed a good relation with the locals to come up and dredge in their area as they were finding good color, instead of moving they seemed to think they had every right to be where they were and got into an argument with the locals instead and started cussing them :shock: :o :roll: , the locals then called the Sheriff, who then call the water control agency, who then warned the dredgers to no avail, the water control agency then was called back to the scene with orders from his superior that "ALL gold prospecting is now banned in all streams and rivers in Tennessee", any violators would be cited and face a fine of $2500, since then gold prospecting with non-motorized equipment has been taken off the banned list and is allowed.

At this time the ban is not "Official" in the sense that a law has been passed to ban dredging, but the agency is using existing law for pollution without any backing at this time from the law makers/Representatives of the people of Tennessee, so time will tell if they can legally ban dredging using this law or if they will pass a new law to ban dredging.

So basically this all started with some idiots only wanting to do what they wanted to do without any concern for other users of a stream or any other gold prospectors, sound familiar John??? :roll:

Sometimes our own members of the prospecting community tends to be our worst opponents!!!! :twisted:

Skip
Last edited by Gold Seeker on Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Skip P.

God, Family, Friends, and Gold!!!
Gold Seeker

Postby dickb » Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:32 am

I agree with the information that Skip just posted. Time will tell if the dedge ban in TN stands the challenge in the courts.
One thing is for sure though, if we don't get more proactive, this will never get changed.

JMHO :?

Dickb
77 Retired and Free
Eastern Iowa
dickb

Postby russau » Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:38 pm

i and lots of other people have been warning people to get involved or get out of the way! most just got out of the way and theres still people in the way of progress and you just stated why and what theyre doing! these freeloaders are our problem and we need to educate/police them or itll be gone for all! get involved at the state level or somewqhere that you can become involved and vigulant to whats comeing around the corner in your state and keep everyone informed!
russau

Postby Hoser John » Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:17 am

Strange even Stopes said yes??? Oh well thats why I post this stuff to inform,find out what the real deal is. I hit the link and they did make all waters navigable hense so they are not dredgeable ergo no dredging. I got no horse in this race just trying to keep folks outta trouble and thanx for your input-John
Hoser John

Postby russau » Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:04 am

John eventually we all will have a horse in these races! theyre comeing for all of us in all states! trouble is, is that most people are just to busy/lazy to look to see whats comeing down the pike!
russau

Return to Political