This could be the end of mining as we know it.

Politically oriented information, blasts, kudo's for politician’s (probably won't be many of those)

Moderators: russau, Leonard

This could be the end of mining as we know it.

Postby Jim_Alaska » Tue May 21, 2013 3:59 pm

I have not verified this information personally, but it seems legit because it is in the federal register.

Jim

Date: May 21, 2013
Subject: All Public Lands are Gone Officially as of April 2013

To All concerned citizens,
What I have been conveying for the last year and a half has come true. The Obama Administration under executive order has registered on the Federal Registry, https://www.federalregister.gov/articles/2013/04/30/2013-10087/segregation-of-lands-renewable-energy#h-8 that all public lands are to be taken out of the 1872 mining law and to give first right of refusal to the wind and solar industry for the next two years.
Any public lands that do not have an application, permit or plan of operation on it is GONE to the claim holder. If you want to voice an opinion you Must show up to this weeks BLM Steering Committee meeting from 6:30 to 8:30 pm 300 South Richmond Road Ridgecrest, CA 93555. They are going to go after private lands after this citing that they are not being used for anything. It is not a conspiracy theory it is now reality.
There will be a pre-meeting at Sleepy Bear Mine from 3:00 PM to 4:30 PM with the Chairman of the Desert Advisory Council (DAC) and it will launch the new California Desert District Mining Coalition to start the fight.

Think about this. All club claims are gone, your dream of mining a claim is gone, you won't even be able to register a claim, the registered claim you currently have that is not operating as a commercial mine is gone,
UNLESS YOU TAKE THIS SERIOUSLY AND FIGHT. IT STILL MIGHT BE TO LATE FOR MOST––––

Regards,
Kirk MacKenzie
http://www.defendruralamerica.com/DRA/Home.html
Jim_Alaska
Property and Mining Rights Advocate
Klamath River, California
foley4086@gmail.com
Jim_Alaska

Re: This could be the end of mining as we know it.

Postby golden optimist » Tue May 21, 2013 4:11 pm

I guess that the claims I have are going to be protected with a gun! As far as I know, whats mine is mine. I'll protect it with what ever force is required!

Leonard
golden optimist
Site Admin

Postby russau » Tue May 21, 2013 5:52 pm

Thanks for posting this Leonard!
russau

Postby OKJohn » Thu May 23, 2013 7:47 pm

First off, we all know that the Guvment can and will do whatever it wants. Unless something changes, anything in writing is only as good as the people elected to carry out the administration of the laws. Mining is dying because of this...

But all of that said, this publication says specifically: "...the final rule is narrow. It only limits the location of mining claims after the segregation under this rule is announced and does not affect previously located claims. Moreover, segregations under this rule are not automatic; the BLM will only effect segregations on a case-by-case basis when it determines segregation to be necessary for the orderly administration of the public lands."
That means that existing claim owners should not see any change to the laws that regulate their properties.

I also see the part regarding POOs. It says that if you do not have a POO on a valid claim, but then decide to file one after some solar energy company says they wish to build something on your claim, you may have to perform a professional mineral examination to verify the potential of profitable mining.

Most of my claims have POOs right now anyway. I suggest other claim owners work towards doing the same. Show the BLM that you are an active miner, not just a claim owner!

OKJohn
OKJohn

Postby russau » Fri May 24, 2013 4:27 am

Thanks John!
russau

Postby golden optimist » Fri May 24, 2013 7:28 am

Glad to see you still around John!
Leonard
golden optimist
Site Admin

Postby OKJohn » Fri May 24, 2013 9:42 am

Big tornadoes all around, but they haven't taken me down yet! :twisted:
OKJohn

Return to Political