dont even shoot that gun

Politically oriented information, blasts, kudo's for politician’s (probably won't be many of those)

Moderators: russau, Leonard

dont even shoot that gun

Postby eightymesh » Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:56 pm

our dear leader seems a tad confused as of late

9mm, .45, .223 Ammunition
Georgia Arms is the 5th largest retailer of .223 Ammo in America . They sell 9mm, .45, .223 ammunition. They normally buy spent brass from the US Department of Defense. Spent brass is "one time used" shell cases used by our Military for training purposes.
They buy the brass, recondition it, and then reload the brass for resale to Law Enforcement, Gun Clubs, Gun Shops, and stores like Wal-Mart. They normally buy 30,000 lbs of spent brass at a time.
This week the US Department of Defense wrote a letter to the owner of Georgia Arms and informed him that from now on the US Department of Defense will be destroying the spent brass, shredding it. It will no longer be available to the ammo makers, unless they buy it in a scrap shredded condition (which they have no use for).
The shredded brass is now going to be sold by the US Department of Defense to China as scrap metal, after the US Department of Defense pays for it to be shredded. The US Department of Defense is selling the brass to China for less money than the ammo makers have been paying, plus the US Department of Defense has to pay to have the brass shredded and do the accounting paperwork.
This sure helps the economy now doesn ' t it? Sell cheaper to China , and do not sell at all to a proven US business.
Any hidden agenda working here?
Obama going after the Firearms Industry and our ammunition!!
The Georgia Arms owner even related a story that one of his competitors had already purchased a load of brass last week. The US Department of Defense contacted him this week and said they were sending someone over to make sure it was destroyed.
Shell cases he had already bought!
The brass has no value to the ammo maker if it is destroyed/shredded/melted.
The ammo manufacturer only uses the empty brass cases to reload different calibers, mainly .223 bullets.
The owner of Georgia Arms says that he will have to lay off at least half of his 60 workers, within 2-3 months if the US Department of Defense will no longer sell spent brass cases to the industry. Georgia Arms has 2-3 months of inventory to use, by summer they ' re out.
If the Reloading Industry has to purchase new manufacture brass cases, then the cost of ammunition will double or even triple, plus Obama wants to add a 500% tax on each shell.
You can read the information and see the US Department of Defense letter to Georgia Arms here The Shootist Site
http://www.theshootist.net/2009/03/dod- ... itary.html
If you ' re not outraged at what this administration is doing you should be! Be Afraid! Be Very Afraid! Get involved! It ' s Your Freedom and Our Country they’re Stealing! If You Fail to Act Now, there may not be a Free United States tomorrow!
I implore you to get involved and forward this to as many people as you can. Contact your legislators and put them on notice, we’re fed up with what ' s going on in the name of stimulating our economy!
IN GOD WE TRUST!!!
"As long as I am an American citizen and American blood runs in these veins I shall hold myself at liberty to speak, to write, and to publish whatever I please on any subject." – Elijah Parish Lovejoy (1802-1837)
eightymesh

Re: dont even shoot that gun

Postby gremlin » Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:30 pm

it is very easy, stop selling ammo to the military, and to the police. let them buy it at walmart.

if you look at the top of the letters. there all from 2009. http://georgia-arms.com/location.aspx they seem to be still selling ammo since then.
save a tree, eat a squirrel.
gremlin

Postby russau » Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:04 pm

BUT if this were to happen, look for a drastic raise in cost for buying the new ammo!better stock up now while the cost is real high and almost unavaliable compaired to the possible unaffordable cost that could be! dumb is as dumb does!
russau

Postby h20prospector » Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:29 pm

hey russ. can't you just go to east st louis and buy it on the street?
h20prospector

Postby russau » Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:04 am

well Pat a person can get it free if they dont duck quick enough!
russau

Postby h20prospector » Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:35 am

but isn't the shell missing?
h20prospector

Postby russau » Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:09 am

:) if you dont duck quick enough, youll NOT care about the caseing!
russau

Postby h20prospector » Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:18 pm

I can just see the two of us trying to dodge bullets and attempting to find cover :lol: :lol: :lol: if Leonard was filming, it would make Funniest Home Videos for sure :o
h20prospector

Postby russau » Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:40 am

i do that almost everytime i go to the cemetary to visit my folks grave site.EXCEPT i dont have Leonard video recording me, but i do have the City of St.Louis police tapeing most of it!!
russau

Return to Political