Are They Going After Safety Deposit Boxes?

Politically oriented information, blasts, kudo's for politician’s (probably won't be many of those)

Moderators: russau, Leonard

Are They Going After Safety Deposit Boxes?

Postby eightymesh » Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:25 am

The grey area that is allowing this seizure of assets is multidimensional. First there is the assumption it is the illegal proceeds from drugs. Second, there is the presumption it is money laundering and that is very broad for it can be drug money to hiding money from the government to avoid taxes, which they also call money laundering. Third, there is the ambiguous Internal Revenue Service regulation that basically states. . . .”Consumers should never conceal cash from the United States government and not pay income tax on it.” They could argue that cash in a safety-deposit box is hidden from the government. They can also now argue this is money laundering and confiscate the cash. It becomes your burden to prove them wrong.

http://pacificrimcoins.com/content/are- ... osit-boxes
"As long as I am an American citizen and American blood runs in these veins I shall hold myself at liberty to speak, to write, and to publish whatever I please on any subject." – Elijah Parish Lovejoy (1802-1837)
eightymesh

Re: Are They Going After Safety Deposit Boxes?

Postby nebraskadad » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:47 am

mattresses and coffee cans is looking like the way to go.
nebraskadad

Postby russau » Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:08 am

yep! now see if they can find it! but now i forgot where i burried it!
russau

Postby urbanminer » Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:46 am

Do they still make coffee cans? I'm lucky I found an old cigar box! Man! That thing gets heavy with all of them pennies! :lol:
urbanminer

Postby gremlin » Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:03 pm

russau wrote:yep! now see if they can find it! but now i forgot where i burried it!

there still are tons of drop sites from back during the depression, even the civil war. we have even found some from old drug houses. mite be fun if every one starts hiding stuff, bad part is cash gets destroyed when its in the gound a long time.
save a tree, eat a squirrel.
gremlin

Postby russau » Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:11 pm

cash is gone faster if my wife gets ahold of it!
russau

Postby russau » Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:45 pm

i have a paper artical about os administration was going to implement a 1% TAX of all financial transactions.EVERYONE! they better hurry up because my wife is spending it all!
russau

Return to Political