members list

Step Up and Exercise Your First Amendment Rights Here!

Moderators: russau, Leonard

Re: members list

Postby russau » Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:08 pm

What a fantastic deal!!! SALUTE! Glen , Trev has a 5 inch dredge. Even if the Jet is a 6 inch , he could bush it down to work!
russau

Postby micropedes1 » Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:01 pm

That dredge of his has that big, heavy Briggs engine. With that heavy couple jet it might turn turtle! A Dahlke style quad jet might be better. Definitely will weigh less. Got a few of those, too. Your choice Trevor.
micropedes1

Postby Hoser John » Sun Nov 29, 2015 6:43 am

:D Now THIS is GoldDredger.com...kudos gentlemen, miners helping miners...so cool to see ..-John
Hoser John

Postby polekaat » Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:12 am

Glen,

Thank you for the generous offer! As far as the heavy briggs engine, I'm looking for a Honda with the correct shaft for that P-350 pump. That should prove to be a lighter setup, thinking of going with more displacement, since the current engine runs so hot, because of the load. You've seen the setup of my sluice, I'm just gonna cut the riffles out of the top section, under the 1/2" woven classifier, and replace it with expanded. That section is only 20" wide x 30" long. I'm leaving the riffles in the last 30", just in case, there's some bigger gold (wishful thinking).
I have access to a new claim that I really need to check out. The owner said that he only did one pan before filing the claim. He got 32 colors. Bad new is, this is the same guy that has the claims above Fairplay, on Beaver Creek, that I wasted 15 days dredging, summer of 2014, with only a few grams to show for my efforts.
You have an open invitation to stay with us, anytime you're ready to get away from the Texas heat. Let me know a couple weeks in advance and I can even burn up some PTO while you're here. I already get a 3 day weekend, every other weekend. The water is getting a little "hard" for dredging now.

Trevor
polekaat

Postby russau » Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:04 am

Trev have you looked into the Gold Hog matting yet as a replacement for your riffles? I have some cut for my 2 inch dredge that I made and still haven't had a chance to get it into the water.............
russau

Postby micropedes1 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:51 pm

Those wide triple sluices seem to work best when you follow changes made by some of our Kiwi members. Raised expanded on the sides. 4# grating down the middle. And replace that bloody-awful punchplate with 1/2 inch woven wire screen so that the fines will drop thru properly.
micropedes1

Previous

Return to Soapbox