BAD KITTY BAD

Step Up and Exercise Your First Amendment Rights Here!

Moderators: russau, Leonard

BAD KITTY BAD

Postby Hoser John » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:57 am

California wildlife officials are urging residents of the Pescadero area to lock up their homes and their pets after a mountain lion entered a home, and took a dog from a woman's bed in the middle of the night earlier this month.

A woman who lives in Pescadero, which is south of San Francisco, reported that an animal entered her bedroom and took the 15-pound dog from her bed early in the morning on April 17, according to the California Department of Fish and Wildlife.

The Santa Clara County Sheriff's Office investigated and call the DFW, which took a blood sample from the scene. The blood was analyzed and found it contained mostly the dog's blood, but also traces of mountain lion blood.

The property owner could have obtained a permit allowing them to kill the cougar, but they opted not to get the permit, DFW officials said.

"CDFW stresses that this lion's behavior is extremely rare," DFW Capt. Patrick Foy said Monday. "Most mountain lions are elusive in nature and rarely seen. CDFW urges residents in the area to take all reasonable actions to secure their properties and domestic pets to better coexist with not only mountain lions, but all wildlife."

Foy said since the mountain lion incident was reported in the Bay Area media last week, the number of calls to the DFW about mountain lions sightings has increased.

He said more people are getting outdoors to enjoy the weather this spring, which has also caused an uptick in mountain lion sightings, he said.
Hoser John

Re: BAD KITTY BAD

Postby russau » Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:08 pm

A blast from a shoot gun would eliminate any need to further action on their part! except for the clean up and repainting! :D
russau

Postby Ornery Cuss » Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:49 pm

Yep, all over the news here

The cats thinkin...hey meal on the hoof, and it's small enough to take with me
Fact of life when you live in the country, especially for domestics

OC
So much river...So little time
Ornery Cuss

Postby Matt Mattson » Sat May 20, 2017 5:08 pm

Bad Kitty: I have no idea what this was about, never did see the end of the segment, but on one of these funny clips shows we happened to be clicking through had a teaser before the commercial: "and when we return, Tommy gets a kitty" . . . and it showed "Tommy" running through a house with a terrified look and a Bengal Tiger right on his heals. I hope Tommy is OK or the cat is well fed whatever the end result was.

Our "bad" kitty has gotten into some bad habits recently: https://youtu.be/uNdXlaID8II
Matt Mattson

Postby Hoser John » Sun May 21, 2017 6:23 am

Now that is one strange cat. Might be part packrat as never seen any cat do that stash scenario. Thanks for the am laugh. Hope you both are well,take care-John
Hoser John

Postby russau » Sun May 21, 2017 9:40 am

My dog does this also ! I still haven't figured out how she gets the fridge door open at night??
russau

Return to Soapbox