Can't Stop Chasing Gold

Step Up and Exercise Your First Amendment Rights Here!

Moderators: russau, Leonard

Re: Can't Stop Chasing Gold

Postby libertydave » Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:45 pm

Thank you...Leonard!!!

What fun to recall those DEF days and the fun of seeing the South Fork Umpqua River full of dredges and dredgers. Special thanks still go to Bill Brew for all the brew that flowed each night. Our crew camped next to Grivy and we only got a couple of hours sleep for the ongoing party but who cared. Great fun, good dredging, new and old friends, too much food and lots of gold recovered. The DEF adventures are something that we'll never, ever see duplicated.

And the photos bring back so many good memories.

Thank you
libertydave

Postby golden optimist » Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:29 pm

I enjoy going to the old forum and seeing all of the familiar faces. We had great times and like you said, those days are gone forever. I feel lucky to have been a part of it.
Leonard
golden optimist
Site Admin

Postby Matt Mattson » Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:45 am

libertydave wrote:Hi Matt, Thanks for your reply. Hope you're well.

The small trommel I purchased is made by a Montana company, Gold Fox USA. They also make a feeder. If you want to see it google their website for some photos of their products. Nice little unit, good design and very well made. Cheers!

LD

I like that - a lot. The feeder is a good thing too. We use ours for gems too, makes sorting very easy. You're doing the right thing - I'm late getting back to this post because the neighbor had a massive stroke (61) just after I replied to you. Things can change very quickly (as you know well), get out there and do it!
Matt Mattson

Postby libertydave » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:51 pm

Hi Matt...

How true about life changing events happening at light speed...for you, too.

Well...I ordered the feeder unit...to increase the trommels production capabilities...and save my back. While both units are relatively small in size (still larger than Tonka Toys)...I should have some fun operating my wash plant next summer. Take care and all the best to you and yours.

Regards, Liberty Dave
libertydave

Postby getterdone » Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:40 pm

PAN FOR GOLD 2.JPG
PAN FOR GOLD 2.JPG (83.58 KiB) Viewed 1857 times
Well 2nd Day out last year the old motor after 18 years on the 4 inch stopped working, at 77 years young
you have to do a lot of soul searching on what to do. But bought a new engine & went to work. The old engine
only had a busted plastic gear so I rebuilt it. As i was winding down the season I seen a great spot for dredging gold
for 2018. Hope it turns out as good as the spot I turned one of the dredgers on who got 1 oz. in half hour working.
Spot was just to much work for me to access.
Last Fall just before snow fall found a good gold/silver hard rock out crop, need to follow up on that one as it in
the area of a lost gold strike that ran 100 oz to the ton.
My dossier friend got a new hit for me on a 60 lb. glacier deposit that I have spent 3 years looking for.
Need to find the tailing pile from a old gold mine that shut down in the 1930's that had a 425 shaft and from
the State report was mining 1 1/2 oz. gold.
That's just a starter for things to do in 2018, after the snow is gone. I find at 78 years old I can't climb those hills
as fast but still know that just over that next ridge is a glitter of the pretty stuff called gold.
In the long run it is not the finding but the hunt.
Going to miss not being able to have the Chamber gold panning for the kids this year as we ran out of gold to give away.
getterdone

Postby getterdone » Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:44 pm

Was able to do this gold panning thing for over 6 years, what a lot of fun.
They all got over $5 worth of gold.
Was able to do this also on the river for a few years for free.
We have to got the young's involved in this, and it doesn't take much effort.
getterdone

Previous

Return to Soapbox