Moveing??

Step Up and Exercise Your First Amendment Rights Here!

Moderators: russau, Leonard

Moveing??

Postby russau » Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:28 pm

Well I think its time to get out of Dodge before something else happens ! We've been working on getting the place ready for the inevitable .... We don't know where or when this is going to happen BUT............... I'm selling off all my welding equipment and tools so I don't have to move them....Same goes for anything I can sell to keep from having to move it. The kids are to far away to help so . I'd rather move a fat wallet than a couple of moving trucks of "stuff" that I cant use any more! Maybe I'll take up watching soap operas??
russau

Re: Moveing??

Postby golden optimist » Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:47 am

Soap operas works for me. Also I get to hang out with the wife. That's a real big plus.
Leonard
golden optimist
Site Admin

Postby Hoser John » Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:31 am

Take care old friend wish you all the best. Can't seem to even give stuff away up here anymore. Mining, claims, welding,fishing,tools etc etc. Town closing down as homeless take over. Stores closing daily and folks moving out of this mess. John
Hoser John

Postby Matt Mattson » Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:04 am

So glad you're getting out, Russ. You're right about moving "before anything else happens" because it surely will. Being anywhere near a welfare distribution system is not the place to be.
Matt Mattson

Postby barney-mi » Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:05 am

Any Idea where you might go to ?? Haven't been on in a while maybe you've said but I don't see it . :D
barney-mi

Postby russau » Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:44 am

Nope ! To many small things to do !Trying to get the house / yard ready to list , then we will give another look - see !
russau

Postby Ornery Cuss » Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:51 pm

I hear rental trucks going to California are real cheap, they will almost pay you to drive a truck out here :lol:

DONT DO IT, dont even think of California if you think Missoura is bad (unless you are homeless)

OC
So much river...So little time
Ornery Cuss

Postby russau » Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:33 am

Back 50 years ago I was thinking of moving to N. Cal. up in the mountains BUT NOT anymore! I only hope we don't get our home looking so good again that we decide NOT to move! It happens 11 years ago , and I've regretted it ever since!
russau

Postby dickb » Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:25 pm

Russ:

I hope you can get the money you want for it. Mo is not a bad state to live in but the KC and St L areas are not the best for value in home prices. When we moved to our home here in IA, we wanted small community life and reasonable services for out taxes. I wouldn't buy here today but would be looking for what was available when we first started out. The house across the street from us was on the market for over a year and just sold. I don't know for sure, but I don't think is sold for what they originally asked.

Hope it works out great for you.

Dickb
77 Retired and Free
Eastern Iowa
dickb

Postby Ornery Cuss » Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:07 pm

The 1.2 million dollar question (that is what the house next door sold for) :shock:
Where do you go, Im probably lookin to move the hell outa California next 5 - 10 years
Although things will change before that time, maybe ?
Where does one go when your born and raised right here :?:

They talk about people moving outa state in drooves but I dont see less people more in fact
Building all sorts of high density housing all around here out into the valley
We are runnin outa room more so the traffic
As usual, the state is 25 years behind on infrastructure

OC
So much river...So little time
Ornery Cuss

Next

Return to Soapbox