Where has everyone gone?

Step Up and Exercise Your First Amendment Rights Here!

Moderators: russau, Leonard

Where has everyone gone?

Postby russau » Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:50 am

I get to a lot of websites and for the last couple of years the people that were posting have seemed to evaporate. most websites have gone that way. except for www.treasurenet.com that site is always abuzz with all topics. It used tobe 49ermike.com and before that Tom Ashworth . There are several sites that I used to goto out East but im getting to old/lazy (F.O.G.)to keep up with all of them. wazzzz up?
russau

Re: Where has everyone gone?

Postby Hoser John » Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:30 am

Age,apathy,frustration,too busy trying to eek out a existance,busy digging into legal briefs and biological reports,CEQA process,Little Hoover Commission data. In the midst of 3 fights-Dredge rules,trying to fight and keep my claims from "segregation" by FS/BLM(Lose all mineral extraction for 20 years) Fight Clear Creek restoration(bulldoze roads and dump millions of tons of rock into the creek of non native gravels) and got 2 new claims so BUSY beyond belief for a broke down worn out bad back ol'fart.....and do all of lifes chores hahaha busy :? who me :lol: John
Hoser John

Postby russau » Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:51 pm

OK................. so after lunch whatcha got going? :D
russau

Postby Hoser John » Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:05 am

8-) CENSORED :lol: MORE DAMN WORK AS ATT INTERNET CONNECTION IS DYING,PUTER WON'T TALK TO PRINTER and dry as a popcorn fart.................. :cry: and then more censored :oops: John PS took 2 hours just to get here to post sssssssssssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitttttttttttttttttttt but I must have golddredger fix or my head will fall off :roll:
Hoser John

Postby russau » Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:13 am

AHMEN to that John! :D
russau

Postby golden optimist » Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:12 am

Sorry about the computer problems John. I've managed to skip most computer problems.

Leonard
golden optimist
Site Admin

Postby Hoser John » Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:24 am

Why thank you Leonard. 3 in the house and att/yahoo got hacked and microsoft deliberately updates old xp unit and takes away functions sobs. Have 2 newer 7s but they try to ruin my ol' one to make ya buy that lousy-read defunct 8?? :? Puled over 5,000 photos and documents off this thang,guess it'll become a boat anchor :lol: John
Hoser John

Postby russau » Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:56 am

Boy do I know boat anchors!!
russau

Postby golden optimist » Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:15 am

I'm running an old XP one that's about 10 years old. Right next to it is my backup, an old windows2000 machine. I haven't had it on for a year or so. What I'm thinking about doing is take it off of the internet and use it for stuff I don't want exposed to the internet.
Leonard
golden optimist
Site Admin

Postby dickb » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:41 am

Leonard, what do you think?

If John takes the hard drive or drives out of the old XP and puts them in a external USB 2 hard drive case, can he access the documents and photos, then download them to the new Win 7 computer? They may have killed the XP OS, but the other files sill may be accessible. I'm not running XP anymore but I saved my old computer and keep it off line to protect my 32 bit programs and downloaded all the files that I wanted to save to my new 8.1. Then I backed everything up so I can't loose them.

Just thinking out loud here.

Dickb
77 Retired and Free
Eastern Iowa
dickb

Next

Return to Soapbox