Life without dredging

Step Up and Exercise Your First Amendment Rights Here!

Moderators: russau, Leonard

Re: Life without dredging

Postby Jim_Alaska » Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:50 am

russau wrote:I agree ! I don't think I could get up on my feet after dredging , and then walk out to the camp!!!! I'm whipped after a couple of hours working around the house trying to get it ready to put on the market, and then do it all over again the next day! Maybe I'll be looking for a rocking chair home!! :roll: :D When you lose your ability /health , you come to the realization QUICKLY that you just cant do the things you used to do NO MATTER how hard you fight it and DONT want to believe it!

I can identify Russ, I was in the same boat a couple of years ago. Just a couple of hours of any kind of physical work would do me in for the day. This year is worse, just being awake between naps exhausts me. I go to bed tired and wake up just as tired or worse.

For me it's hard to say how much of this is a result of natural aging and how much is from this medical condition called Neuropathy. My legs as so weak I can barely stand at times and I have to use a can to walk anywhere, even in the house. Even worse, having to use a cane makes me one handed because if I have to stand and use both hands for anything I am so off balance I stagger around.

I think I could still dredge, but that may just be my mind fooling me. My trouble would be getting equipment to the water and back, or even walking at all once I am done.

It really is amazing that your mind refuses to accept the limitations and you constantly start something that you find out real soon that you can't finish.
Jim_Alaska
Property and Mining Rights Advocate
Klamath River, California
foley4086@gmail.com
Jim_Alaska

Postby russau » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:25 pm

AHMEN to that Jim !
russau

Postby russau » Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:01 pm

it's good to hear from you John!
russau

Postby russau » Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:26 pm

Well after deciding that I'm having a rough time with dredging and then walking I thought to myself , MAYBE I jumped ship TOOO early....Instead of a small dredge maybe I should build a bigger dredge . Maybe a 6 inch on a pontoon boat. ???? I need to think this one over a bit! :roll:
russau

Postby russau » Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:55 am

OR maybe I'm having dredge withdrawals . Quitting something that you really liked doing is hard .
russau

Postby russau » Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:23 am

The thought was probly my pipe dream anyway!
russau

Postby russau » Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:14 pm

I'm having dredge with drawl systems and am really missing what I really liked doing!
russau

Postby micropedes1 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:11 am

I got what ya need Russ. It’s one of Trevor’s (NZ) boil boxes, 6” hydraulic elevator, and all mounted on a hovercraft. Launch near anywhere. Shallow water and scattered pools? No problem. Drop the foot valve and connect the suction hose and let it suck sand all by it’s lonesome. I get to sit topside and just kick the hose occasionally.
micropedes1

Postby russau » Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:24 am

I think I'm way over due to go see my favorite Orthopedic Dr. to give me a plan of action (P.O.A.)for my back! And maybe a few other spots to chop on! :roll:
russau

Postby Hoser John » Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:19 am

Lots of luck Russ and to any/all still trying to stand tall and mine in any way shape or form--John
Hoser John

PreviousNext

Return to Soapbox