California power

Step Up and Exercise Your First Amendment Rights Here!

Moderators: russau, Leonard

California power

Postby golden optimist » Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:17 am

Dang John, Jim. You guys just can't catch a break. I think I'll stay in the Rocky Mountains. I'd bet the California government will come up with legislation protecting the power company from lawsuits. Either that or get used to living in the stone age. That tremendous sucking sound is the mass of people exiting the state.
Leonard
golden optimist
Site Admin

Re: California power

Postby Jim_Alaska » Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:42 am

Leonard, I must have missed something. What is this post in reference to?
Jim_Alaska
Property and Mining Rights Advocate
Klamath River, California
foley4086@gmail.com
Jim_Alaska

Postby golden optimist » Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:07 am

Check out this link. https://www.google.com/search?q=califor ... irefox-b-1 They say the power may be off for 5 days or more over a lot of California. It's all over the news here.
Leonard
golden optimist
Site Admin

Postby Jim_Alaska » Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:08 pm

I do remember hearing about this, but sort of discarded concern because it seems to be quite far south of me. We get our power from Pacific Power, but everything in the alert points to Pacific Gas and Electric. This may be all part of the same company, but the location maps they give shows that John may be affected, but not us way to the north in Yreka. At least I hope this is the case.
Jim_Alaska
foley4086@gmail.com
Jim_Alaska

Postby golden optimist » Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:12 pm

It's hard to believe 500,000 without power. It seems like a license to riot and loot.
Leonard
golden optimist
Site Admin

Postby LipCa » Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:52 pm

Jim, 51 people in Somes Bar were supposed to be affected by the power shutdown. Only 60? miles from you.
LipCa

Postby Jim_Alaska » Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:51 pm

Yes Harry, it is a bit hard to determine for me simply because of the company involved. They specifically said Pacific Gas and Electric (PG&E) Our provider is Pacific Power. Guess I'll just have to wait and see.
Jim_Alaska
foley4086@gmail.com
Jim_Alaska

Postby Ornery Cuss » Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:45 pm

PG&E got beat up badly after the BIG fire in Santa Rose, PGE has admitted to their equipment failure caused that fire, including 100s of homes, business's, hospital.
PGE is not responsible for all the fires we have had. Some yahoo flew out from MO. (was that you auruss?) to set fires in the foothills around town WTF :evil:
PGE has had many serious EF ups in the last few years, went bankrupt a few years ago.
and is now in bankruptcy pending now
Getting their a$$s sued off in so many directions
Riots and looting at least not yet
Legislation already passed through state signed by the gov to protect PGE and probably SoCal power
We hear people are leaving in droves, me to soon
But there is "no housing", as soon as someone moves out, three more move in, if your income aint $80,000. yr you cant afford to live here but they do
Being in the suburbs, we did not loose power, dont know if PGE backed down their expectations or ?
PGE is tired of starting wild fires due to downed trees that take down power lines hence the shutdown of power (for public safety :roll: )
Then PGE has to inspect every foot of line for damage before reenergizing, that takes time, if they find a problem, more time
I will say PGE gave ample warning, they been talking days about this, be prepared, 5 days is a stretch I will admit but, be prepared
It seems to never end with PGE, they are the only game in town, whatdado ? Solar ? not for me thank you

Life goes on
OC
So much river...So little time
Ornery Cuss

Postby Jim_Alaska » Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:21 pm

I did an extensive search this morning and it looks like any PG&E as a provider cuts off at Weed. That seems to be as far North as they provide. Our provider here near Yreka is Pacific Power. I could find no connection between Pacific Power and PG&E on either of their websites. I did find one website for the Mercury News that listed every county and town what would be affected, Siskiyou county was not listed at all, nor were any of the towns near us. Pacific Power seems to supply power from where we are, all the way to Portland and west into Nevada.
Jim_Alaska
foley4086@gmail.com
Jim_Alaska

Postby Hoser John » Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:40 am

2 friends left this week and another in escrow down south. Insanity rules as PGE will now get ya back for suing. Wasted 100's a billions over the years on bonus, junk equipment and such and now we pay the piper. sic sic sic-I was lucky as Redding utility only shut off some and I was one of the lucky few shivering in my boots waiting for the ax to fall. NO way to live-John
Hoser John

Next

Return to Soapbox