windows 7

Step Up and Exercise Your First Amendment Rights Here!

Moderators: russau, Leonard

windows 7

Postby russau » Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:30 am

Well it finally got me...…...windows 7 is dead as most know already. Now I have windows 10 (again) and I'm still scratching my head on this one ! I cant access my yahoo Email or even get a new account or retrieve the old one I cant seem to find where (on windows 10) where to get my access to W10 for me in addition to my wife. Right now everything comes in as my wifes name. I signed up for a computer class at our county library but they said they will call me when there's a opening. So until that happens I guess I'll go turn on Netflix...………... :roll:
russau

Re: windows 7

Postby golden optimist » Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:30 am

I was wondering where you were. I'm lucky as my ham radio group has 3 computer wiz's and they have been helping me along. I still hat W10 though. One of them even gave me a laptop loaded with W10.
Leonard
golden optimist
Site Admin

Postby LipCa » Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:31 pm

Windows 7 still works... just no updates
LipCa

Postby russau » Sun Feb 02, 2020 2:11 pm

I cant access W7 for some reason ! and now I cant access my Yahoo because of the W7 dump and I lost my cell phone while camping with my wife and without a "cell" number I cant get the old or a new yahoo account! And with W7 gone so is my skype access and I've tried to redo that to call Leonard of my F.U. ! :roll: and then I couldn't find this address to post anything!~ :roll: :roll: BUT here I am now ! :D My wife setup this W10 but cant add me as a user for W10 , I also tried to add myself but to no avail ! Now my wife says she read that she cant add me on this system with W10 so I'm thinking (and that's where I get into trouble ) of buying a lap top computer for just myself ............ :roll: Maybe I'll just keep using my wife's Email and say the heck with it!
russau

Postby russau » Sun Feb 02, 2020 2:23 pm

By the way , did I say that I hate window's 10 :roll:
russau

Postby golden optimist » Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:22 am

One of my ham radio buddies gave me a laptop with a clean load of w10. I hate it but half of my stuff won't run on XP anymore. Now I'll have to slowly move everything over. I'm waiting to buy a desktop machine first. I fire up the laptop to talk to my brother every once in a while. I haven't tried to call you. I may try if you have your old skype number.
Leonard
golden optimist
Site Admin

Postby russau » Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:23 pm

I'm having trouble loading W10 . I use the old skype # but the skype icon didn't show up so I'm assuming that it didn't load. I'll have to get one of my grandchildren or great grandchildren to do this :roll:
russau

Postby getterdone » Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:46 pm

My computer with Windows 7 locked up last week, but 3 years ago I bought a back up for it with a lot more Bells & whistles on it for $100 w/ free S&H.
I do a fair job of keeping Back up on a external drive (I fact I have 3 external drives ) but the newer one will hold the info
for all of them . So i didn't lose much. Wife's Lap top has windows 10 have to work on it some times, I hate it. I still have
a old Lap top I take camping & it has XP on it, one of the best programs that Windows ever put out.
getterdone

Postby russau » Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:50 am

Got the w10 working but I still don't like it compared to w7 ! We had a back up tower that had the w10 in it already . Now I find out the whole problem (in my F.O.G. head ) was the key board went bad (I guess there was to much food dropped into the key board ?) So if I ever get time (brains ) to hook it back up , I'll see if I can retrieve my Yahoo account ! :roll: Plus down load my skype ! Isn't life great when you get to be old and dumb at the same time in life! :roll:
russau

Postby dickb » Sun Feb 23, 2020 3:01 pm

Russ, This will not make a lot of sense to you but the w 7 will run on a slower machine and w 10 runs on a machine that is twice as fast. So old computers will not run w10 unless they can run 64 bit software. The old Pentium 4 processer was a 32 bit processer. Its a different motherboard and processers in the new computers that run the new software.

Dickb
77 Retired and Free
Eastern Iowa
dickb

Return to Soapbox