Member's

Step Up and Exercise Your First Amendment Rights Here!

Moderators: russau, Leonard

Member's

Postby russau » Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:06 am

We have 20 pages of member's that have registered...……….It sure would be nice if they would post what they were / are up to now a days ! There are lots of guys that sign up and just read the posts and that's fine BUT I for one would like hearing how they are doing and what they have learned...……… I , for one have learned a lot from meeting people when I was able to get out and wish I could still do it , BUT being a F.O.G. I've really slowed down to a crawl ! Now my DR. told me to keep off any ladder , and I hate that !! :o
russau

Re: Member's

Postby Jim_Alaska » Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:39 am

I can identify Russ. I have big trouble just trying to stand in one place with a cane, a ladder might as well be Mt. Everest. Going to try some nugget detecting this spring, but it's going to be difficult with having to use a cane to walk and not able to navigate uneven ground.
Jim_Alaska
Property and Mining Rights Advocate
Klamath River, California
foley4086@gmail.com
Jim_Alaska

Postby dickb » Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:20 pm

Ain't retirement great.

They never tell you when you get old your body will not be able to do the things your brain wants it to do.

So much for those "GOLDEN YEARS" :cry:

Dickb
77 Retired and Free
Eastern Iowa
dickb

Postby russau » Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:23 am

I'm just glad that I got the "fever" back when I could do something that I really enjoyed to do and still do but cant ! Admitting it to myself is the hardest part for me ! I still would love to have a house boat with Keene's big sucker and take a run up the Misery River to where the water is shallower and built a remote actuated nozzle with a camera on it to see what I'm doing ! Well I better wake up cause I'll never have that kind of $$$$$$$$$$ I hope everyone is doing well as we age into oblivion ! :roll:
russau

Postby cowboy444 » Sat May 23, 2020 9:53 pm

Getting old isn't for sissies! For the last 12 years I've been working from May 01 to Sept 15 and all of November, while the manager goes on vacation, in a RV Park in Gold Beach, Oregon. The park sold on Dec. 12th 2019 while BJ and I were still babysitting it. We figured to stay around for a month to train the new help. Seems WE are the new help. We worked 10-12 hours a day seven days a week until a second set of managers came in on March 1st. Now BJ and I only work 8 hours(or 12) per day four days a week. Three days off if we feel like the new team is up to speed,NOT. We did get to visit the claim one weekend but spent the whole weekend burning slash that we had pushed up to clear out a meadow for camping. Our idea is to make up a small tourist center to teach people how to pan for gold and where to look for it. Kinda like the GPAA camp in Nome, AK but far less expensive. Believe it or don't but the local head of the Forest Service has visited the claim and likes our ideas. He even told us that we could dredge Boulder Creek but not Lobster Creek(ESH) on our claim. I've picked up one dredge and two dredge hi-banker combos at ridiculous prices. Only got one motor though. Looking forward to about July so we can get into the cold water.

cowboy444
cowboy444

Return to Soapbox