Matt Matson

Step Up and Exercise Your First Amendment Rights Here!

Moderators: russau, Leonard

Matt Matson

Postby russau » Sat Aug 22, 2020 6:05 am

Matt I hope you and Connie weather this storm that's headed your way! If you need anything give me a shout !
russau

Re: Matt Matson

Postby russau » Sun Aug 23, 2020 6:11 am

Now it looks like the severe part of the storm may by pass you ! :D
russau

Postby Matt Mattson » Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:37 pm

I hate it that some are going to get severely whacked. When Michael hit here, the difference between being unscathed and wiped out was 8 miles - in other words, if our cabin was just 8 miles closer to the coast, we'd have been in the tornado buzzsaw (and we're 100 miles from the coast). Michael was a tightly packed Cat 5 - this one coming in may well land as Cat 5 as well (really, once you get to 3 it's just semantics) and it is immense. Prayers to all down there.

Our experience in Hurricane Michael: https://youtu.be/uinwxlRv4Ts

Once the power goes out and you're just listening in the dark to the sounds of who knows what hitting the side of the house with the wind, it's pretty spooky, no matter how many you've been through.
Matt Mattson

Postby golden optimist » Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:34 pm

Glad to see you and Connie are safe. I thought when you left Hernando Beach you were through with this hurricane stuff.
Leonard
golden optimist
Site Admin

Postby Matt Mattson » Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:10 am

golden optimist wrote:Glad to see you and Connie are safe. I thought when you left Hernando Beach you were through with this hurricane stuff.
Leonard

We did too! Anyway, it is much better here, that's for sure, no longer looking them eye to eye as they come ashore. We did choose a place with protection as well. We're protected by 3 hills and a treeline to the East. Nowhere can we take a direct wind hit, like Hernando Beach. I must say the taxes are certainly better as well - 85 feet of waterfront there was $3,000 when we left - 1/2 acre waterfront here: $300. Business license for our rock shop: $3 . . . on and on.

Hope to see you again.
Matt Mattson

Return to Soapbox