Snow

Step Up and Exercise Your First Amendment Rights Here!

Moderators: russau, Leonard

Snow

Postby golden optimist » Sun Mar 14, 2021 7:13 am

We have about a foot of snow with another foot or so predicted. Power went out for about an hour in the middle of the night. We are pretty well setup for anything but an extended power outage.We don't have to go anywhere so we will just stay hunkered down.
Leonard
golden optimist
Site Admin

Re: Snow

Postby russau » Sun Mar 14, 2021 9:52 am

That's good news ! One of our t.v. channels said you were to get 48 inchs of snow and another said 18-24 inch's Keep warm !
russau

Postby golden optimist » Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:39 pm

Here's today's snow. It's supposed to snow a lot more tonight.
Leonard

snow march1.gif
snow march1.gif (606.59 KiB) Viewed 1423 times
golden optimist
Site Admin

Postby Joe S (AK) » Sun Mar 14, 2021 5:27 pm

We have a sign just outside of town that reads

WARNING!

NO Snowflakes Allowed Here!"

I guess that's why we're walking around in mud right now.

:lol:

- Joe -
Wiser Mining Through Many, Many Personal Mistakes (OOPS, "Personal Learning Situations")
Joe S (AK)

Postby russau » Mon Mar 15, 2021 8:15 am

:D :D
russau

Postby russau » Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:10 am

Well Leonard , it's past first light ! The question is : Is the driveway and sidewalk cleaned off yet ? :D If I lived a LOT CLOSER , I'd be over to clean it off for you with my ATV snow plow! Foe many year's(20 plus) I'd go out and clean the "older " people's driveways that needed to be able to get out to their Dr's ,grocerie store's ,ETC. for free and now this year our biggest snow in several years (4 inch's deep) I couldn't get the ATV started and once I got it started my shifter started acting up. :roll: All my neighbor's either shoveled their's or said the heck with it and NOBODY came to clean my driveway ! Then I got it working and nothing to push off ! What luck ! It look's like my snow pushing days are over !
russau

Postby golden optimist » Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:10 am

Things are slowly getting back to normal. We got 4 days of newspaper so I caught up on whats going on locally. The trash was picked up, and I was able to get my truck out of the driveway onto the street. I should be able to get out if we needed to. Getting through the driveway to the truck is pretty miserable but at least we aren't trapped. It's supposed to get up to 50-60 degrees over the weekend so that ought to take care of the driveway.

Hope everything is going well with Matt and Connie.
Leonard
golden optimist
Site Admin

Postby Matt Mattson » Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:25 am

We have made out OK. The storm split in two about the time it got to our fish camp and went by N & S of us. There was a tornado in the air over Eufaula (13 miles N.) and one that went over Shorterville (about 12 miles S) of us. We didn't get much rain but they sure did to the N. which has turned the Chattahoochie into an orange cocktail looking river.

So far so good. This is fish catching season when we fill the freezer so we have some year round and we're doing that daily now. Tough life . . .
Matt Mattson

Postby golden optimist » Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:13 am

Glad things are ok.

Here's a picture from our newspaper. It wasn't one of mine. This was part of the elk herd that we see often.
Leonard
]
elk kiss.gif
elk kiss.gif (668.04 KiB) Viewed 1388 times
golden optimist
Site Admin

Postby russau » Sun Mar 21, 2021 2:33 pm

Matt glad to hear all is O.K. !
russau

Return to Soapbox