Hello

Step Up and Exercise Your First Amendment Rights Here!

Moderators: russau, Leonard

Hello

Postby golden optimist » Wed Aug 11, 2021 6:06 am

In my neck of the woods we are hunkering down with the California smoke and the heat. So far I've been able to kind of keep the lawn kind of nice. If you want to do anything semi-productive you have to do it before 10:30 in the morning as it's around 95 degrees anytime after noon.Now I know what the wife was putting up with while I was out playing around dredging.

Russ must stil be having computer problems as this is about the longest he's been silent. Check in Jim and let us know how you are doing. Joe is still around as I see him checked in on Jim's forum.
Leonard
golden optimist
Site Admin

Re: Hello

Postby Joe S (AK) » Wed Aug 11, 2021 8:02 am

Yes Sir, "Present or accounted for" here,

I check in here 2 or 3 times a day but with the Wu Flu, summer fires and the heat, the forum things have been pretty well quiet.

The Canadian border has remained firmly shut for us non-volunteering-for-the-test-procedure folks. I had a lifelong close-as-a-brother who believed he would be safe from the Wu Flu if he took "official advice" and took both jabs. He was wrestling with Diabetes (25 years) and USMC generated Cancer (3 years) and, coincidentally took a fatal turn a few weeks after he took the jab. It's been my observation that coincidences are really rare - and often are conveniently used to just explain things away as unexplainable.

So, another summer sitting it out in Idaho for me. Not a bad place but I really would prefer to be in Alaska right now. Like Leonard heavy yard work in the summer is never as rewarding as mining.

Maybe some of the gang will swing by and say hi here - it's always good to hear from them even if things are just slow and we're all just waiting for a second wind.

- Joe -
Wiser Mining Through Many, Many Personal Mistakes (OOPS, "Personal Learning Situations")
Joe S (AK)

Postby Jim_Alaska » Wed Aug 11, 2021 11:12 pm

I'm still here also, check in every day. Lots of smoke here, no fires real near us, but lots of big ones south of us.

Joe, I am surprised you are not working the gold in Idaho, we know here is gold there.
Jim_Alaska
Property and Mining Rights Advocate
Klamath River, California
foley4086@gmail.com
Jim_Alaska

Postby dickb » Thu Aug 12, 2021 9:54 am

I'm still here also, just not much going on to need to post. Getting older each day and remembering all the fun I had in days long past.

Dickb
77 Retired and Free
Eastern Iowa
dickb

Postby russau » Thu Aug 12, 2021 4:07 pm

yep. I also have been checking in several times a day BUT nothing to comment on ! I've been tiring to keep my head down and out of trouble for now ! BUT my yard looks nice and been getting good comments on it ! I guess my moving the ice box off the front porch helped a lot ! :D :roll:
russau

Postby Jim_Alaska » Thu Aug 12, 2021 5:02 pm

"Ice Box" Russ? man you are ollllld! Don't ask me how I knew what that was...
Jim_Alaska
foley4086@gmail.com
Jim_Alaska

Postby Joe S (AK) » Thu Aug 12, 2021 9:03 pm

An Ice Box ON the front porch? OH NO!

Yes, I remember (not well, but some) about Ice Boxes.

They were inside the kitchen with the back of the ice box against the outside wall and a strategically located small door so that the Ice Man could replace the melted ice just about every day in the summer - less in the winter, of course. Later, as time marched on, all that was replaced with electricity as we began our love affair with refrigeration. :roll:
Wiser Mining Through Many, Many Personal Mistakes (OOPS, "Personal Learning Situations")
Joe S (AK)

Postby Jim_Alaska » Thu Aug 12, 2021 9:55 pm

Sadly I remember all that. I also remember all the kids waiting for the "ice man". He pulled up in his horse drawn wagon and we would all descend on him for a piece of chipped ice.

One other thing on a kids list of special events on a hot summer day was when the temp. got high enough the tar on the street would bubble up.....made for a great substitute for gum. lol
Jim_Alaska
foley4086@gmail.com
Jim_Alaska

Return to Soapbox