F.O.G.

Step Up and Exercise Your First Amendment Rights Here!

Moderators: russau, Leonard

F.O.G.

Postby russau » Thu Aug 12, 2021 4:09 pm

Well I for one think getting old SUCKS! :evil:
russau

Re: F.O.G.

Postby golden optimist » Thu Aug 12, 2021 4:20 pm

Well, I for one accept getting old happily. I was lucky enough to spend a lot of time gold dredging with my friends. I feel sorry for the wife with me gone as much as I was.
Leonard
golden optimist
Site Admin

Postby Joe S (AK) » Thu Aug 12, 2021 5:20 pm

Well, look at it this way:

With age comes "disorders".

You know - those things that "Old People" used to dwell on, like Bursitis, Tendonitis, Blood Sugar, Rheumatism, Arthritis, bad knees, bad back, bad feet, no energy, "Can't get around like I used to" and other things like that. Back when we were young and immortal all that was just part of someone else's world. We strapped on a pack, grabbed shovels and pumps and hiked an hour to get to where we were going to work like hell ALL DAY on just a sandwich and then --- hike back in the dark, load up and drive back to camp. The worst we might have to endure was a sore muscle or two before starting back to do it all over again early the next morning.

Much different now.

On the good side - we know how to identify when to NOT start a project that is going to hurt us. There is also no peer pressure to out perform the other guys since we're all smarter and work at our own, experienced, pace. Now we can afford (finally) to have lighter and better equipment and for me, at least, that wheeler (4x4 ATV) is better than a mule. We now know how to more efficiently process our concentrates and give ourselves a little more time to decompress after eating better meals. Camping is second nature now so we don't make any of those rookie mistakes that prove 'troubling and problematic'.

For most of us, having acquired wisdom, there isn't that compulsion to over consume "Old Stump Blower" every night and so after sleeping in that extra 15 or 20 minutes there isn't any of that 'brain pain' to contend with. Sure makes coffee easier to wrangle up in the morning, too.

In addition we all can just look at a fellow miner like ourselves and a thousand 'things' are already shared.

So yes, getting older has some efficiencies and some difficulties ----- but consider the alternative.

- Joe -
Wiser Mining Through Many, Many Personal Mistakes (OOPS, "Personal Learning Situations")
Joe S (AK)

Postby Jim_Alaska » Thu Aug 12, 2021 8:03 pm

I knew one of those old guys, beset with the disorders you spoke about Joe. He did not and is not taking old age and disorders graciously.

"Damn The Torpedos, Full Speed Ahead."

Actions have consequences, but inaction also has consequences. Then there is "The rest of the story". :?:
Jim_Alaska
Property and Mining Rights Advocate
Klamath River, California
foley4086@gmail.com
Jim_Alaska

Postby dickb » Fri Aug 13, 2021 10:55 am

Come on Jim!

Don't dig up Paul Harvey. He is resting peacefully and doesn't have to worry about all us old guys still wandering around looking for our shoes.

Dickb
77 Retired and Free
Eastern Iowa
dickb

Return to Soapbox