Well ?

Step Up and Exercise Your First Amendment Rights Here!

Moderators: russau, Leonard

Well ?

Postby russau » Wed Aug 18, 2021 9:41 am

If nothing else our yard looks real nice since that's about all I can do since thus virus hit ! We got lot's of "Nice yard" comment's from the jogger's & neighbor's . I like seeing my wife get those comment's referred back to her ,since she put in many hours digging weeds and plugging the good grass we have . We took 3100 plugs from our yard & filled in the "not so good looking grass " and it payed off big time ! :D
russau

Re: Well ?

Postby russau » Wed Aug 18, 2021 9:47 am

After all , What's a F.O.G. supposed to do ???? :o
russau

Postby Joe S (AK) » Wed Aug 18, 2021 2:37 pm

Now Russ, here's an idea I just thought up:

Every day, after you sleep in and then get a late breakfast, cheerfully tell the Mrs. that you're going outside to help with the weeds around that rocking chair under the big tree. Then first, just before you are about to sit down turn, the rocker 90 degrees to the right. Then sit down and rock away all day. Next day 90 degrees to the right again and rock away. After 4 days a full circle. Pretty soon there won't be any weeds (or grass) in a circle under the rocker. Scuffing your feet makes an even large circle so don't hold back.
After a while you'll be down to brown grass and dust and then it's time to move that rocker a few feet in one direction around the tree and start the procedure all over again. By the end of the summer you'll be completely around the tree and there won't be any weeds (or grass, neither!).

I think that is a fine way to help with the weeding. ;)

- Joe -
Wiser Mining Through Many, Many Personal Mistakes (OOPS, "Personal Learning Situations")
Joe S (AK)

Postby russau » Thu Aug 19, 2021 1:53 am

INGENIOUS IDEA JOE !!!!! It sure is worth a shot !!! BUT , sleeping in for me would be 4:30 /5:00 AM for me on a good day! I don't have a rocker ! I don't think sitting out front in my yard would be a good place to sit (to much drive by shooting's everyday) ! But this is a good idea to think about ! I could go out to my shop in the back yard ,and there I have a lawn chair in my shop that I used to take dredging with my (my ole wore out comfy chair) and there I could sit in all my glory and remember the GOOD TIMES we all had while out dredging /camping all over the Country ! Hopefully my lovely wife won't wake me up from this dream and hand me a rake or shoooooovvvveel ! :lol:
russau

Postby golden optimist » Thu Aug 19, 2021 11:24 am

Nobody would dare doing a drive by on Santa!
Leonard
golden optimist
Site Admin

Postby russau » Thu Aug 19, 2021 3:33 pm

Let's hope they don't! :roll: :D
russau

Postby Joe S (AK) » Thu Aug 19, 2021 5:32 pm

Certainly wouldn't ever, ever, ever happen if the elves (maybe even a few extra elf temps) were on guard duty there in full combat gear.

Those Elves are fierce when protecting their leader. :lol: :roll:

- Joe -
Last edited by Joe S (AK) on Fri Aug 20, 2021 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wiser Mining Through Many, Many Personal Mistakes (OOPS, "Personal Learning Situations")
Joe S (AK)

Postby golden optimist » Fri Aug 20, 2021 6:50 am

Kind of like my son, the letter carrier. Don't have many problems on the week the welfare checks are being passed out.
Leonard
golden optimist
Site Admin

Postby russau » Fri Aug 20, 2021 11:56 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ! Laughter deadens the sound of the bullets' fling by! :roll:
russau

Return to Soapbox