Local news

Step Up and Exercise Your First Amendment Rights Here!

Moderators: russau, Leonard

Local news

Postby russau » Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:11 am

If it weren't for the shootings here in St. Louis Misery there wouldn't be anything to put into the rag paper here ! :roll: How's it going around your :?: neck of the wood's ???
russau

Re: Local news

Postby golden optimist » Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:30 am

The big news around here is COvid. There's a buttload of cases around and every body just wants to continue on like nothing is happening. The hospitals are full. We stay at home and cut out most exposure. I'd rather take my chances with the vaccine after effects than the almost guarantee of getting it if we weren't vaccinated.
Leonard
golden optimist
Site Admin

Postby Jim_Alaska » Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:47 am

Good to see you posting Leonard. But, at the risk of creating controversy on your board, I have to ask about your decision to take the vaccine. You indicated that if you didn't take it, you were almost sure to get Covid; But I have read from very credible sources that the vaccine cannot keep you from getting it, or keep you from passing it on to others. That, coupled with the known fact that 99.8% of those that do get Covid survive it, causes me to ask these questions.
Jim_Alaska
Property and Mining Rights Advocate
Klamath River, California
foley4086@gmail.com
Jim_Alaska

Postby golden optimist » Wed Oct 27, 2021 1:27 pm

What we see here around our area is about 90% of the people filling up the hospitals is non-vaccinated people. Most of the vaccinated people don't end up in the hospitals. I'll take my chances. In the county we are in there's 100-200 new cases every day and the hospitals are running 90%-100% beds full of covid patients.

It's hard to figure out who is correct. For any side taken by so called experts there are just as many taking the opposite side. I definitely don't want to get it so I'm willing to take the chance on the vaccine.
Leonard
golden optimist
Site Admin

Postby Jim_Alaska » Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:45 pm

That isthe key Leonard, everyone has to decide what is best for them.
Jim_Alaska
Property and Mining Rights Advocate
Klamath River, California
foley4086@gmail.com
Jim_Alaska

Postby russau » Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:39 am

I"ve had my shot's and I"m glad i did !If the "expert's" say that another shot ( 4th) is needed , I'll do that also ! Yep we still could get this Virus BUT it won't hit you as hard and end up in the Hospital that are already full and the staff is over worked and ready for a long deserved break and our thanks for their service ! Mean while it is long over do for my wife and I to move from the "war zone" here in Misery. We probly will move closer to her daughter in K.C. Kansas this Spring BUT WHERE ??? Years back we wanted to move to Colorado but now my wife is concerned about our health and she is wanting for her Daughter in K.C. to help take care of her if I pass (??????????) NOPE , No jealous husbands looking to ruin my day!! :roll: Where in the GREAT United States is there NO PROBLEMS OR RIOT'S ?
russau

Postby dickb » Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:30 pm

When you get to be our age, being close to great hospitals is an important consideration. My house is in sight of a hospital and The University of Iowa Hospitals are only 50 miles away.
You gotta take one day at a time.
Be well folks and enjoy what you have left.

Dickb
77 Retired and Free
Eastern Iowa
dickb

Postby Matt Mattson » Sat Oct 30, 2021 1:01 pm

At this point, there's enough information to make a decision either way and be responsible for that decision no matter what happens. Connie and I have lost several people to this, so it's no longer a nebulous thing that happens to someone else. At any rate, good luck to all no matter what you do or did.
Matt Mattson

Postby russau » Sat Oct 30, 2021 1:49 pm

Back at cha Matt and to all !
russau

Postby golden optimist » Thu Nov 18, 2021 6:44 pm

Matt Mattson wrote:At this point, there's enough information to make a decision either way and be responsible for that decision no matter what happens. Connie and I have lost several people to this, so it's no longer a nebulous thing that happens to someone else. At any rate, good luck to all no matter what you do or did.

Latest status in today's paper finds 12% of the people here in my county have had covid. The number of people wearing masks has greatly increased except football games tend to be full. Most of the hospitals Intensive Care beds are full. We limit our public trips.

Leonard
golden optimist
Site Admin

Next

Return to Soapbox