Weather in your neck of the woods?

Step Up and Exercise Your First Amendment Rights Here!

Moderators: russau, Leonard

Weather in your neck of the woods?

Postby russau » Sun Nov 28, 2021 3:10 pm

Well it's hard for me to think it's really the 28th of November and I'm wearing a "T" shirt outside and it's sunny to boot! St. Louis,Misery's weather is mostly hard to understand . :o
russau

Re: Weather in your neck of the woods?

Postby Matt Mattson » Mon Nov 29, 2021 3:32 am

cabin.jpg
cabin.jpg (435.89 KiB) Viewed 828 times

36º now and will be in the high 20's tonight.
Matt Mattson

Postby golden optimist » Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:56 am

Looks good Matt. I just went out to get the paper and it feels like about 70 degrees at 9:00 am.

Leonard
golden optimist
Site Admin

Postby Matt Mattson » Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:56 am

golden optimist wrote:Looks good Matt. I just went out to get the paper and it feels like about 70 degrees at 9:00 am.

Leonard

Thanks big guy. We're in a little cold snap here until tomorrow. Really do like this little cabin and now that we finally got all the cracks caulked, a whole lot better. Last electric bill: $38.

Matt
Matt Mattson

Postby golden optimist » Mon Nov 29, 2021 3:16 pm

I don't see a boat at the dock. You must be in the boat to take the picture. At least now you aren't getting a hurricane eyery other week.

Leonard
golden optimist
Site Admin

Postby russau » Tue Nov 30, 2021 6:25 am

YEP, a nice serine / relax full setting for sure ! :D
russau

Postby Matt Mattson » Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:38 pm

golden optimist wrote:I don't see a boat at the dock. You must be in the boat to take the picture. At least now you aren't getting a hurricane eyery other week.

Leonard

Yep, we're in the boat. As a lifelong Floridian I never thought I'd say: it's much better here. Get a change of seasons, no bugs and the prices are halved or even better on everything. Really costs very little to live. Property tax on the 85 foot lot and house at HB were $3000 and going higher - 1/2 acre waterfront here and the cabin: $300. Unreal. The old time Floridians were already here when we arrived, I didn't realize they were abandoning ship in such numbers but they are and all say the same thing: had to go to Alabama to find Florida again.
Matt Mattson

Postby Joe S (AK) » Tue Nov 30, 2021 2:51 pm

Well, stuck in Idaho for another winter. Canada won't let we "Unclean" (non-test subjects) travel through their country and so, for now, I'm just stuck here. Maybe next spring I'll be able to return home and hack back 2 years of jungle-like growth at the house and the claim. Maybe even pull out the mining gear to see if it all survived it's solitary confinement.

Just getting into winter here - nearly 50 today but below freezing and snow coming along soon.

Joe
Unclean (ring the bell), Unclean (ring the bell), Unclean (ring the bell), :roll:
Wiser Mining Through Many, Many Personal Mistakes (OOPS, "Personal Learning Situations")
Joe S (AK)

Return to Soapbox