May 1 2022

Step Up and Exercise Your First Amendment Rights Here!

Moderators: russau, Leonard

May 1 2022

Postby russau » Sun May 01, 2022 7:31 am

I hope the weather will be real nice for all of you to get out and get some of that gold that has been hiding on you all year! And post some pics of your camp and mostly the gold you find, you could always send some of it to me ! I'd appreciate it a LOT !!! :roll: :D Hope you all have a GREAT year !
russau

Re: May 1 2022

Postby Joe S (AK) » Sun May 01, 2022 11:52 am

That goes for me too! :P

Joe
Wiser Mining Through Many, Many Personal Mistakes (OOPS, "Personal Learning Situations")
Joe S (AK)

Postby Jim_Alaska » Sun May 01, 2022 7:35 pm

Thanks Russ. Although this weather is great, I am afraid I am full of "I cants". I can't send you any gold because they won't let me mine here. I can't post pictures of my camp because any more my camping is limited to my house. No more camping I am afraid, any prospecting I get to do is usually looking at the ground from the cab of my truck. My legs and feet are bad enough that any prospecting must be no farther than the side of the logging roads.

But the weather sure is nice. When we could still mine, I looked forward to this time of year and to prospects of getting out of the house and actually looking for gold.
Jim_Alaska
Property and Mining Rights Advocate
Klamath River, California
foley4086@gmail.com
Jim_Alaska

Postby russau » Mon May 02, 2022 9:29 am

AHMEN to that Jim ! I am in the same boat on the health issues just like most all of us !
russau

Postby Joe S (AK) » Tue May 03, 2022 7:10 pm

Yeah - me too, sorta.

Yesterday, among other things, I sanded and Boiled Linseed Oiled as many of my wooden handled shovels, picks, axes, hoes and such that I could find. I've been gardening some to keep those High Banker Muscles at least a little in shape, so I guess if I plant a garden on the claim in the future I'll be somewhat competent in that.

I did buy some mining 'stuff' this winter from a friend who is bailing out of mining and so I hope to pick it up soon. It's in North Western Oregon so either I'll pick it up on the way to Alaska this spring - or - since everything seems to be dying on the Canadian vine every day now, I just might declare a road trip and just go and pick it up. If I end up doing that trip to Oregon I easily could be persuaded to pick up a can of coffee grounds and some steaks if some old numb footed, dried out and hungry codger in Northern California thinks that's a good idea. :lol:

So for now just wait until sanity returns to the US and Canada is pretty much it. Hope springs eternal.
Wiser Mining Through Many, Many Personal Mistakes (OOPS, "Personal Learning Situations")
Joe S (AK)

Postby russau » Wed May 04, 2022 7:44 am

Sure wish I was that " numb footed old codger" you are picking up BUT that is how life turned out for me ! Good luck on your equipment and potential trip Joe ! :D
russau

Postby golden optimist » Wed May 04, 2022 7:51 am

I had my first trip ever to the chiropractor yesterday. It may just be my imagination or wishful thinking but I seem to feel a little better. Maybe it's the "placebo" effect.

Leonard
golden optimist
Site Admin

Postby Joe S (AK) » Wed May 04, 2022 10:28 am

LEONARD<,

I've had some really good things that came out from the first Chiro I went to, in Ohio and many years ago now. Recently though, not-so-much in Idaho. I found that the hands-on manipulators were ever so much more productive over the recent electric shock practitioners. If I see wires and rheostats I gracefully leave all that for someone else.

As for the "Thumpers" with their new reliance on the new Air Chisel Impact Guns - well, the Jury's out on that so far.

So Leonard - keep an open mind and let us know ("A Full After Action Report") on how the treatments specifically worked out (or didn't) for you.

- Joe -
Joe S (AK)

Postby russau » Thu May 05, 2022 6:25 am

About 4o years ago I got hurt at work and I ended up going to a Chiropractor for the muscle stimulator therapy for my back. It was in the Winter and snowy out side BUT the treatment include laying on a pad and having a heat lamp aimed onto my back (and that felt GREAT !) then after some time the placed the muscle stimulator pads to help relieve the sore back muscles (this was very nice feeling) . The regulator nurse was out of the office and a temp was there to assist mt therapy . I'm enjoying this relaxing treatment during the cold weather outside and when the nurse completed my setting up of this device she said she was done and going to turn on the stimulator . I'm about ready to go to sleep because of the warmth and stimulation that I was about to receive and then the next thing I know BAM I was up against the wall and my eye's BUGGED out in a "What the heck was that look !!!!) the nurse screamed something and she was apologizing at a fast rate of speed to me saying," she made a mistake and forgot to turn the amplitude of the machine down and to slowly raise it up to where it was comfortable to me. I will NEVER EVER forget that session in my life time !! :o :o :o
russau

Postby golden optimist » Thu May 05, 2022 7:17 am

About 25 years ago I went in for about the same treatment. I went for about 3 weeks. It felt good when I was there but it was a 25 mile drive each way and it cost me $30 each time so I ended up quieting the treatment. This time I'm geting the chiropractic 10 miles from the house.

I go in again tomorrow.
Leonard
golden optimist
Site Admin

Next

Return to Soapbox