Summer June 1 ,2022

Step Up and Exercise Your First Amendment Rights Here!

Moderators: russau, Leonard

Summer June 1 ,2022

Postby russau » Wed Jun 01, 2022 10:30 am

Well it's here now and what have you got planned to do this year ?? I'd sure like to hear everyone's plan's !
russau

Re: Summer June 1 ,2022

Postby Joe S (AK) » Thu Jun 02, 2022 3:45 pm

Well Russ,

Canada's border is still slammed shut for those of us who don't "Identify" as lab rats.

I started a garden this year (used those mining shovels with skill and accuracy) and all the while the seeds germinated next to the wood stove I kept thinking that if I can I'll head up North and bury (not plant) the starts, The first of June I started planting veggies.

All the mining gear I have here is polished and working as designed, properly stored and every month the ICMJ gets me wishing that this is the spring that ..................

Even the screen saver is a shot of me from 2018 on my 6 wheeler at a buddy's claim.

I did buy a friend's beach mining equipment and was going to pick it up on my way back home to Anchorage this spring. We spoke on the phone the other evening and I'll pick it up mid July and return it to what used to be the Winter Home in Idaho. Oh well - I can polish it and store it with the other "stuff". 2 weeks ago I stumbled on a mini sluice and for a ridiculously small $ it's here, polished, adjusted, tested and also put away.

I do belong to a small mining club just Northwest of Coeur d'Alene and once a month they have a couple of claims you can sluice on -- so maybe ..............

Am I like others in that I saved a half tablespoon of ultimate concentrates with some sparkles in it and keep it right here on the desk?

At any rate other than that "It's been a quiet week here in Lake Wobegon."

Joe
Wiser Mining Through Many, Many Personal Mistakes (OOPS, "Personal Learning Situations")
Joe S (AK)

Re: Summer June 1 ,2022

Postby russau » Fri Jun 03, 2022 6:52 pm

Well at least you have some good plans "if" the boarder does open up ! I've been cutting grass /tomato's / and lots of honey do's ! This virus has kept us home for the most part . We sold our 29 ft. travel trailer and I'm glad we did it when we did because of the gas prices . That alone would have kept that trailer parked in the back drive way!
russau

Return to Soapbox