Happy Thanksgiving Day

Step Up and Exercise Your First Amendment Rights Here!

Moderators: russau, Leonard

Happy Thanksgiving Day

Postby russau » Fri Nov 18, 2022 9:48 am

I know I'm a little early BUT I wanted to say Happy Thanksgiving to one and all BEFORE you get traveling for your family's get together and holiday cheer's ! :D I* hop0e everyone has a wonderful and safe time on this Holiday ! :D :D
russau

Re: Happy Thanksgiving Day

Postby Jim_Alaska » Fri Nov 18, 2022 3:22 pm

Thanks Russ, and thanks for being early. I hope you also have a great Thanksgiving Holiday, and wish all members and readers here the very same.
Jim_Alaska
Property and Mining Rights Advocate
Klamath River, California
foley4086@gmail.com
Jim_Alaska

Postby Joe S (AK) » Fri Nov 18, 2022 4:39 pm

What they said! :P

Joe
Wiser Mining Through Many, Many Personal Mistakes (OOPS, "Personal Learning Situations")
Joe S (AK)

Postby dickb » Fri Nov 18, 2022 6:54 pm

Happy Thanksgiving everyone and I hope you have an enjoyable gathering with your family and friends.

Dickb
77 Retired and Free
Eastern Iowa
dickb

Postby Matt Mattson » Tue Nov 22, 2022 11:14 am

Already been a good Thanksgiving for us. Connie has been in pain the past year and a half and had a mass removed from her sternum and is home. First time pain free in quite a while she says.

Hope the rest of you enjoy your Thanksgiving - much to be thankful for.

Matt
Matt Mattson

Postby russau » Tue Nov 22, 2022 4:46 pm

Matt I'm glad to hear Connie is home and pain free ! Yes that makes for a great Thanks Giving ! I also had a 2 month wait to have work done on my ankle and a 3 month NO WEIGHT on my ankle until my Dr. says it's O.K. to walk on it. I have about 3 more weeks of crutch's until then ..................the good part of my situation is .....no grass cutting or snow pushing or most all honey do's ! BUT they will be waiting on me this Spring !
russau

Postby golden optimist » Wed Nov 23, 2022 8:16 am

Great to hear. Any more if you have pain you just about just have to live with it. "Take some acetaminophen" is their reply. I guess I shouldn't complain. I can sit and be fairly pain free. I can't stand or walk very far though before I have to sit down.
golden optimist
Site Admin

Postby Jim_Alaska » Wed Nov 23, 2022 8:40 am

golden optimist wrote:Great to hear. Any more if you have pain you just about just have to live with it. "Take some acetaminophen" is their reply. I guess I shouldn't complain. I can sit and be fairly pain free. I can't stand or walk very far though before I have to sit down.

I can identify with that Leonard. I have been that way for quite some time now. It started out with me having to use a cane to be able to walk on uneven surfaces, like when doing any kind of prospecting. Then I even had to use it in the house. It is fast getting to the point where I will need a walker, it's just too dangerous with the increasing instability.

Fortunately I don't have much pain, except trying to sleep, then my hips start really aching. I have Peripheral Neuropathy, which is not treatable and will only get worse. I have no feeling from my knees to my feet and cannot control any movement in my ankles at all, my feet just flop withough braces for support.
Jim_Alaska
Property and Mining Rights Advocate
Klamath River, California
foley4086@gmail.com
Jim_Alaska

Postby golden optimist » Wed Nov 23, 2022 1:59 pm

I still get around ok as long as I have to walk or stand too long. I sleep fine and I can drive with no pain. They gave me gabapentin for pain but after reading the side effects I haven't taken it. Some day I might have to take it.
Leonard
golden optimist
Site Admin

Postby russau » Thu Nov 24, 2022 4:01 am

I guess now we are all paying for all the fun we have had in past years ! I'm glad we got out when we did and had our fun ! HAPPY THANKSGIVING to one and all !
russau

Next

Return to Soapbox