My Absence

Step Up and Exercise Your First Amendment Rights Here!

Moderators: russau, Leonard

My Absence

Postby Jim_Alaska » Wed Jul 12, 2023 5:37 pm

Just a note to let folks know that I will not be online for an unknown period of time. I am scheduled for triple bypass heart surgery on July 14rh. They have not told me how long I will be hospitalized, so, I'll let folks know when I am back online.
Jim_Alaska
Property and Mining Rights Advocate
Klamath River, California
foley4086@gmail.com
Jim_Alaska

Re: My Absence

Postby dickb » Wed Jul 12, 2023 7:18 pm

Let's hope for a quick recovery and no problems.

All the best Jim.

Dickb
77 Retired and Free
Eastern Iowa
dickb

Postby Joe S (AK) » Thu Jul 13, 2023 8:54 am

Jim, Hope to see you back in the saddle really soon. Until then just keep a pumpin' away.

Joe
Wiser Mining Through Many, Many Personal Mistakes (OOPS, "Personal Learning Situations")
Joe S (AK)

Postby Joe S (AK) » Sat Jul 15, 2023 10:14 am

U P D A T E

I've learned that Jim's surgeons elected to go with a quadruple (instead of the anticipated triple) bypass and that the heart surgery, itself, went very well. He has not (as of 8:30 AM, 15 July) woke up on his own yet - possibly due to old (or even, maybe, a new) stroke. He is being cared for as though he had experienced a new stroke, just to be on the safe side, and it has come down to a wait-and-see situation for the moment this morning.

The bypasses had completely repaired all the heart blood flow problems, however, the old (or maybe new) stroke situation has, it seems, delayed his post surgical waking up.

Joe
Wiser Mining Through Many, Many Personal Mistakes (OOPS, "Personal Learning Situations")
Joe S (AK)

Re:Jim Foley Update

Postby Jim_Alaska » Mon Jul 24, 2023 1:45 pm

Over the last few months before Jim had his surgery - in my grief now - I had forgotten. In Jim's prayers, that I heard, he often dwelled on his home in heaven and distinguished it from his home in heaven and his home on earth. To most people that may not mean anything, but for me, it told a lot. He had never really done that before a few months ago.

Now that he is not waking up, the doctors have their reasons why. His brain is severely damaged by the stroke. If he did wake up it is likely that he wouldn’t be able to see, speak, feed himself, or breathe on his own. He has also developed an infection (Pneumonia) in his lungs. But I think there is an added reason - he doesn't want to wake up. He really has nothing to look forward to, he hated what the neuropathy was doing to him and it was getting worse, to the point that at some point he wouldn't have been able to do anything but sit in his chair and wait to die, which he felt he was already doing.

I really think he was ready to go months ago, long before he knew about his heart problem. Even though he did have great hope that he would recover from his surgery and feel better and have more energy. I also feel he was torn between the desire to die and leaving me a widow. But there is also that he felt trapped in his body.

So I have decided that I will let him die peacefully. I think he has a few more days before he has to have the stomach feeding portal installed. I have told them not to. It will also be at that time I will have them remove his ventilator so he can pass peacefully. There really is no hope he will recover, but even if there was - recover to what? To continue his neuropathy deterioration? I really think he doesn't want that, and is one reason he hasn't woke up.

I am sorry, so very sorry. Not just for me, but for him, his family, and his close friends. I don't know the exact date they will do this, but it will happen soon. I will go and see him one last time tomorrow and say my goodbyes. I cannot bear to watch him die. This is the hardest thing I have ever had to do. But he would not want to live like this, and I am abiding by his wishes. Please know, my heart goes out to you.

Linda, Jim's wife
Jim_Alaska
Property and Mining Rights Advocate
Klamath River, California
foley4086@gmail.com
Jim_Alaska

Postby dickb » Mon Jul 24, 2023 3:35 pm

So sad to hear this from you and what is happening is something we can't control.

All my prayers for you and Jim, family and friends. We will all get to be Angels one day.

Dickb
77 Retired and Free
Eastern Iowa
dickb

Postby libertydave » Fri Aug 04, 2023 8:22 am

Oh my! I know that we all were hoping and praying for Jim's recovery but that was not to be.

I am so sorry and send my condolences, especially to his dear wife, family and close friends.

Liberty Dave
libertydave

Postby Matt Mattson » Sun Aug 06, 2023 4:46 pm

I hate to see this too and extend my condolences as well. I've been away from the site with my own relative that has passed on. God be with you.
Matt Mattson

Postby nebraskadad » Wed Aug 09, 2023 6:22 pm

nebraskadad

Return to Soapbox