Arlington scientists find way to make cheap gas from coal

Step Up and Exercise Your First Amendment Rights Here!

Moderators: russau, Leonard

Arlington scientists find way to make cheap gas from coal

Postby gremlin » Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:01 pm

this is neet. but i bet the greens will kill it very fast. there is a vidio at the link plus the hole story. would be nice if we could get the techs that work up and not have the greens kill them.

http://www.wfaa.com/news/gasoline-84801677.html

ARLINGTON - How would you like to buy gasoline made from $30 domestic coal versus $75 imported oil?

Researchers at the Unviersity of Texas at Arlington say they've found a practical way to make synthetic crude from inexpensive coal that's common in Texas.

People have been turning coal into oil for 100 years or more, but researchers at UTA say they've invented a better way to do it.

It is so much better that they expect to sign a deal with an oil company within weeks.

"This is East Texas lignite coal. We go from that to this really nice liquid," said Professor Brian Dennis of a light synthetic crude, easily refined into gasoline.

Professor Dennis and a team of scientists have been working on the process for about a year-and-a-half.

"I had the idea for this while I was walking to my car," he said. "I ran back to the lab and I started drawing it out in my notebook
save a tree, eat a squirrel.
gremlin

Re: Arlington scientists find way to make cheap gas from coal

Postby Hoser John » Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:49 am

This has been done before-utilizing different oils and grades but the fact remains that CHEVRON,TEXACO,MOBILE OIL and the boyz who profits billions every minute will buy/blow it up/sabatogue all efforts asap. They are demented money grubbn' sob's and will NEVER stand for anyone to jeopordize the magnamoaus cash cow-John DAMNIT :twisted:
Hoser John

Postby killerkernrich » Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:50 am

Some of those OIL companys own coal land rights.
killerkernrich

Postby CalGoldDredger » Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:25 pm

It's not what we use for fuel, it is who will profit. What Hoser said!
CalGoldDredger

Postby gremlin » Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:05 pm

yes its all in what makes the fast buck. the faster the buck the more you will see this in the main streem. i am betting if gas gets up to 4 bucks you will see some movement in this tech.
save a tree, eat a squirrel.
gremlin

Return to Soapbox